Monday, December 27, 2004

Such is the life of me

Good Morning.  I don't have much to write today.  Haven't been feeling all that wonderful.  I've been having diarrhea for the past 2 weeks.  (Yeah, lovely isn't it?)  I was hoping it would go away on it's own so I didn't say anything or want to call my doctor.  I had to call yesterdaybecause over the past few days it has become bloody.  Actually I tried my gastro first but he was not on call and some other doctor in the service was but he didn't call back.  So I tried my primary.  He called back.  He said he thought I was having a bout of diverticolitis.  (I've had this a number of times before.) But was hesitant to prescribe anything over the phone because he was going on vacation and wouldn't be here to follow me, especially with my medical history.  He wanted me to go to the ER.  I refused.  I told him I didn't want to sit there.  Okay, he said.  He told me to go to this place that was open on Sunday.  Long story short..... (LOL) I did.  This doctor there prescribed Lomitril for the diarrhea.  The doctor was more interested in my history of Lupus and APS.  Of course, he knew all about it.  Lucky me.  I've been taking this med since last night.  No bowel movements since last night.  But, I can feel cramping going on.  So we will see.  I still have pain in my lower left groin.  It's not horrid pain.  I can function.  I haven't had to take any pain meds.  We shall see.  Such is the life of me.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lu dear, I am so sorry you are having the colon ouchies and ickies!  Have they ever checked to see if the lupus is affecting your colon?
There doesn't seem to be as much info out there about colon lupus involvement but it can happen.  From one diverticulitis sufferer to another, a big hug dear  (((((((((((((((Lu))))))))))))))))))
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

WOW...Im glad you got to a doctor and hopefully whatever he got you will work...Blood can be so scary...wowzers..Ill be praying for you and your bowels to function properly..I can't stand sitting on the toilet too much...Id probably rather be puking..LOL

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart. Hope you are doing better now. Take care of yourself, God bless, Beckie

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your feeling so bad. Sending (((well wishes))) your way...

I just wanted to also stop by and say HI and thank you for the nice comment you left in my journal.

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie,

I hope the new medication will help you.  That's got to be very scary.  Please feel better and know that there are a bunch of folks out here that are sending you prayers and healing thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Lu, so sorry you are feeling so poorly.  You are in my prayers, honey.  Let us know how you make out with this problem.  Take care and be good to yourself, hon! xox

Anonymous said...

Hi Lu,
I am so sorry that you are having such complications. It is very uncomfortable.
:(
I am hoping that the Lomitril is helping relieve you of the suffering and that you are feeling better now.
(((((LU)))))
Love,
Loretta
PS: Thank you for the anniversary call :)

Anonymous said...

So sorry it's been so rough.  Suffice it to say that I can empathise.  I'll be praying for relief of pain for you.  Blessings, Penny

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((Lu))))))))))) I hope you're feeling better now!!

Love ya,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Luanne....thank you and yes you may.

Hugs.