Thursday, December 9, 2004

Understanding

Judge not, that ye be not judged.   For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Matthew 7: 1-2

We all know that so very well.  But do we know where that comes from.  It's God's Word. I thought I did, but apparently I did not.

I've felt the need to examine myself lately.  I thought that how could people not heed that warning.  How could people not understand. I have realized that "There but for the Grace of God go I".  I am thankful to God that I have been spared great trials and falls. 

Thank you Lord!! For putting it upon my heart to examine myself and making me see my faults and forgiving them for me.  You are faithful.

 But the most important thing I realized is that I should not judge others because I am not in a position to do that.  That's God's job.  Not mine.

I must remember that without the Grace of God each one of us is capable of any sin.  We are all flawed.  No one is perfect, except Jesus Christ.  That is why God sent him to come die for us. 

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

I must learn how to live my life and be able and willing to understand the difference between judging acts and judging individuals.  Because the judgement of indivudals is ALWAYS left to God.  God always knows the hearts and minds of us all.

My prayer this morning is that for to God help me learn how to do this.  That with your help Lord I understand the difference.  That I no longer put myself above you.  That you give me the mind and words to understand the difference.  This I ask in the Name of Your Son Jesus Christ.........Amen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And its not until you get closer to God that we realize just how much everyone judges everyone, right?..WOW< do people talk about others and put people down from jealousy and what not...And I never noticed it until this year. How people turn on each other from judgment, when that is not our job to do. (My mom is the worst...sometimes I have to leave the room..LOL)

Take care and God bless,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Lu dear, self-examination is one of the hardest disciplines for most of us.  Jesus said why do you look at the splinter in your brother's eye and not see the log in your own?  It is so easy to see someone else's faults or sins and condemn them, but often so hard to see our own.
May the Lord bless you, dear, as you seek to see yourself from His perspective!
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

Lu, when I was still counseling people, I would daily remind myself that the only difference between me and the person coming in for help was which side of my desk we were sitting at. Only the grace of God gave me the opportunity to counsel for the years that I did. :) Love, Loretta