Monday, December 6, 2004

JUST ANOTHER LUPIE NIGHT

I spent the majority of the day sleeping on the couch under the most comfy blanket.  It's rainy and cold here today.

Went to Dr. C. for my regular monthly checkup. 

 I felt okay pretty much.  Tired, achy.  I'm coughing, shortness of breath and my head hurts.  Oh, yeah that doesn't sound much like okay does it?  LOL

                   

I like going to Dr. C.  He is a really great doctor.  And, a really great guy.  He is a talker.  We talked about another doctor who just recently passed away while he was on vacation.  The doctor was 44 years old.  What a shame.  He was a very special doctor.  He will be missed greatly.

We went over the usual stuff.  I am doing well on the CellCept and prednisone that my rheumi has prescribed.  And, that I am very thankful that my Lupus is not as bad as some.  And, that it's only Lupus.  He looked at me funny when I said that.  I know its a chronic illness with no cure in sight.  But when I go get my coumadin levels checked at the hospital the center is right next to the Natlit Cancer Center and it is always a wake up call for me.  I was hacking away during the exam.  He said he heared some rumbling in my lungs which sounds like bronchitis to him.  I'm not coughing anything up.  I had a low grade fever of 101.5 when he took my temperature.  He's afraid with me being on the CellCept that this may turn into something more serious so he prescribed a Z-pack and some promethazine DM syrup.  He also thinks he might be a good idea to increase the prednisone but wants to check with my rheumi first.  He will call me tomorrow if I am to increase it.

I caught this from Gary.  He had a plain head cold which lasted him 2 days.  The poor guy is so upset that he gave this to me.  He came home and cooked dinner and cleaned up the kitchen.  I am going to try to stay up another hour or so and then take my night time meds and get into bed with my new comfy blanket and go to sleep.  Nighty night everyone.

                                            

  Lupus Awareness

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better. I have had bronchitis several times. It is miserable. Take care and get some rest. God bless, Beckie

Anonymous said...

(((((((((Lu)))))))))) I hope you start feeling better soon. Glad you had a good visit with the doctor. You need to tell me about this new comfy blanket that you got.

Love and hugs,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Isn't great to have doctors that listen to you instead of just rushing you in and out!  I hope the Z Pack works quickly for you.   {{{{{Hugs, my friend}}}}}

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon, Lu.  I understand having chronic illnesses and feeling grateful that yes, atleast it is not cancer and you are not dying right now.  So, you have a soul-sister here :-)