Thursday, December 9, 2004

MORE ON UNDERSTANDING/JUDGEMENT

I've been, with the help and guidance of the Holy Spirit, learning how to rid myself of a judgmental nature. Through prayer!  It appears that this is an arduous task for many of us to master.  I cannot achieve it on my own.  No on can accomplish any task without God on their side.  This is one of my most offensive flaws.  And, I want to banish it.  I do realize that I am only human and therefore not perfect.  And, that my asking for this from Our Lord that I will be tried more so.  Please help me with this.  Please pray for me.  Thank you.

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. Matthew 7: 1-5

Ever since the serpent tempted Eve in the Garden of Eden to eat of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, man has always had the capability to judge.  Our eyes were opened and we were like God, says the serpent.  And our eyes did.  Right after our forefathers disobeyed God that we found that we had the ability to judge good from evil.

When people move on a judgement, people get hurt.  Especially people we love.  During the course of judgement, we forget ourselves.  We only see the "speck" in the eyes of others, as Jesus so rightly put.  We forget the "plank" in our own eyes.  Why does this happen?

If we look at ourselves carefully, when we complain, when we get angry at something or someone, when we get frustrated at people, we have inadvertently became judgemental.  Call it criticize or a simple complaint or evena directed anger, whatever it may be, it is being judgemental and we condemn others along the way, in many cases, unknowingly.

For more information please read......http:///www.geocities.com/food4desoul/message5a.html or Judge Not, Lest Ye Be Judged

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luanne,

I have been following your journal since it's inception, and even though I do not have Lupus, I have found new insight into this disease through your honest and forthcoming journal.  Your willingness to share the pain you suffer wth daily makes me feel all the more blessed, that at 51, I am in as good a health as I am.  You never fail to make me see things in a more positive light, and being a Christian myself, you also help to make me see that everyday is a blessing, and we all have room for postive changes in our life.
I will pray for you, and for myself that I will be less judgemental also.
May the Lord give you strength to get through each day, and continue to bless you with such remarkable faith.
God Bless
Jana

Anonymous said...

I think we must be hardwired to judge others, and thus we need all the help we can get from God. We can never fully understand another person as totally as Christ does... so we do need to pray constantly. Having suffered years of abuse I have learned that forgiveness is a process more than an one time event. As I experience more in life, I understand better, and then I am able to let go of a pain that was harbored. Sometimes it takes years just to discover that I was harboring pain and needing to forgive.
:) Loretta

Anonymous said...

Lu dear,  the first things that happened following the first sin  ---- shame and a desire to hide --- and blaming someone else when questioned about the disobedience!
Adam blamed both God and Eve, lol!  And didn't seem to notice his own sin!
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((Lu))))))))))))))) That's just about all I can say right now.

Love you,
Su.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't get your link to open :-(.  I, too, struggle with judgment.  I will be praying for you.  I want to have more love.  I have problems with those who hurt me.  That is the hardest part of all, forgiving those who have hurt me, inadertantly or on purpose.  I pray for them, but it takes time.  This was a very thought-provoking entry.  Thanks, dear!