Wednesday, January 5, 2005

NEW YEAR ~~ NEW LIFE

 

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. Romans 5:1-5

 

 

Thank you Jazz (aka Desoulsheartbeat) for this scripture this morning.  I had been feeling quite sad and fragile over the last few week. How Jazz knew can only be from our Lord. But she sent me an email lifting me up. It's amazing because I had been thinking of using part of the scripture in today's journal entry.  Jazz had no way of knowing this. Thank you my friend.  Jazz signed her email to me "Love without boundries."  That is what it is all about. Jazz also writes an online journal.  Check it out, it is a wonderful read....... http://journals.aol.com/desoulsheartbeat/MyJourneyHome/ 

 

 

Another amazing woman I would like you to meet.  Her name is    

Christina has MS. Her struggles are many.  Far more than I encounter.  Don't worry Christina I am not going the pity route.  More like adoration. You are an inspiration.  Thank you for your writings. You have made my life better for them.  You are going to be forever in my heart.  Here is the link to Christina's journal.  Please read it.  You will come away so much.  http://journals.aol.com/ckays1967/myjourneywithMS/

 

 

I especially want to thank Karyl and Shayner for writing to me when I was missing in action.  Shayner even called.  Thank you both so much for caring.  Friends like you are what makes me feel better.  You mean so much to me. 

 

 

And, here I am.  It's  and I am looking back on my week. Really the last couple of weeks.  I have been feeling so poorly.Both emotionally and physically. I'm trying to keep my head above water in both regards.  I have the flu.  So far it hasn't hit so hard. Gary has it bad and I suspect it will get me too.  Been praying I am spared.  Pray with me please.  So far I am fortunate, and I want to stay that way!  Emotionally I am holding my own.  Still feeling very fragile. 

 

 

And, that brings me to where I began.  With Romans 5:1-5 I just came across an amazing bible study journal which I will be reading daily. Her name is Kathy and her journal is called My Bible Study Place.I have copied from her journal because her explanation of Romans 5 1-5 is so wonderful.  But know that she deserves the credit for this explanation. Here is the link to her journal so you can read it all.  I know I will be back. 

http://journals.aol.com/onestrangecat/MyBibleStudyPlace/entries/95

 

This is telling me that I have access to God.  I can stand before Him.  I have been given the grace I needed in order to be able to do this.

Just because we are Christians doesn't mean our life will be a bed of roses.  Actually I feel it makes a lot of life harder.  But at the same time we are learning and growing more -- perhaps-- than those that don't have a belief in Jesus Christ.  When I was a teen ager I remember my youth leader saying "be careful what you pray for, you just might get it."  I didn't really understand at that time what he meant.  But if you look at verse 3 you will understand.

If you pray for patience you will have to go through some hard times.  God doesn't just wave His hand and all of the sudden you are more patient.  Nope.  You have to learn to be patient.  And what is the best way to learn?  Oh yeah, you have to go through some troubling times.  But the great thing is that God is there to see you through the bad times.  He is holding your hand through it all.  Sometimes you may not feel it but trust me He is there.

Thank you Kathy!!!

And, now I need to get back to bed.  Thank you for reading and please check out the journals I have linked above.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen and amen!  In Him, Penny

Anonymous said...

Lu dear, what a great journal entry!  Lots of meat in it!  I am praying for you re the flu.
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

I have access to God!!!!

I can stand before Him.


No truer words exsist in our vocabulary than those my friend.  Many people travel their whole life without reaching that conclusion.  God is everywhere and even though we are not worthy His love encompasses us and forgives us.

Thank you for the mention.....but it is for the glory of God alone.


And can I give you an Amen?  Please do not ever think that life is to be easy....it is in the fire that our souls are truly tempered.
xxooxxoo  ckb

Anonymous said...

What a lovely journal you have, and what a lovely person you are, full of determination and love for the Lord. I love him too. Enjoyed strolling through your journal. Will be back again. *Barb*
http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

Praise God for Christians,Your Journal was indeed a blessing.I was up a 4am with stomache pain.got on my computer to read about Diverticolitis,and found your site.It has truly blessed me this morning.I am a Minister In Birmingham Alabama,going through a lot of changes in the congregation,I am also a caregiver for my 86 year old blind brother-in-law,So my life tends to get stressful at times,But God is Faithful,and He knows just what you need.Thanks for the scriptures and the encouragement.I have had several bouts of Diverticolitis even admitted to the hospital several times,So hang in there it will get better,and I think I can now hold on a little longer.
Your Sister In Christ Minister Mosley

Anonymous said...

Lu, wonderful new journals to read!!!  Hope you will be feeling better soon, honey.  If you need to talk, I am here for you.  Love, Val xo

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to say a quick hello and hope you're doing alright. keeping you in prayer. *Barb*
http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK