Tuesday, January 11, 2005

ONE DAY AT A TIME

I was speaking to Jenn this morning.  She told me that she had been to my journal.  I said, didn’t write anything yet this morning.  Haven’t had any words for a while. 

Then we got in a conversation about taking things One day at a time.  I said… Yes, that’s it…… that’s my entry for today.  

Thank’s Jenn. (PMSPatrol)  This one is dedicated to you today!

 I'm going to write more later.  But here is something for now. 

 Here is a song by Joan Baez.

  One Day at a Time

 Joan Baez

I live one day at a time
I dream one dream at a time
Yesterday's dead, and tomorrow is blind
and I live one day at a time.

Bet you're surprised to see me back at home,
You don't know how I miss you when you're gone
Don't ask how long I plan to stay
It never crossed my mind
cuz I live one day at a time.

I live one day at a time
I dream one dream at a time
Yesterday's dead, and tomorrow is blind
and I live one day at a time.

There's a swallow flyin' across a cloudy sky
Searchin' for a patch of sun so high
Don't ask how long I have to follow him,
Perhaps I won't in time
but I live one day at a time.

I live one day at a time
I dream one dream at a time
Yesterday's dead, and tomorrow is blind
and I live one day at a time.
And I live one day at a time.

I'm trying to think of more to write about taking things one day at a time.  But, really its an individual thing.  Some days I do fine.  Some days I don't.  That's about it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live my life a moment at a time, always remembering what a fleeting thing life is. I have not met you but am proud of your courage, strength, and attitude. Attitude is everything!!! God bless you. *Barb*
http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

my day is now complete ....words of wisdom ...thank you luanne ......

it is a amazing i only found you guys less than a week ago .....

love the song now i am going to find it on the computer and burn me a copy


love jenn

Anonymous said...

thanks,:) i love JB:) sara

Anonymous said...

One Day at a time is all we can do.  I have to continually tell myself that or I become overwhelmed.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this reminder, hon!  I try to live one day at a time as well.  Sometimes one minute or hour at a time when it is very hard.  Wonderful! xox