Saturday, January 29, 2005

SURRENDING AGAIN

I knew it was coming. 

It has the same pattern.

Like a mathematical formula.

It can always be trusted to take the identical destructive track.

I woke up today in one of the worst pain days I have ever had.  There is nothing to be done for it either.  I gave in last night and took the "Big Gun Meds."  After trying the lesser menacing alternatives.  I even plastered two lidocaine patches to my neck and shoulders.  I had to give in.  Those meds helped for a total of 1 hour maybe 1 hour and 45 mintues tops.  I'm on a lower dosage of prednisione. 

Nothing to do except ride this one out.

Let another day, week, or month to be SURRENDERED TO LUPUS.  Because I never know how long a flare will actually last.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will pray that your pain lessens, Lu.  It was wonderful talking to you today.  God bless, honey. xox

Anonymous said...

i know lu..... you can feel it coming. you know it' s there. right now i'm trying to take it easy b/c i feel the MonSter lurking there waiting to come out. but dh doesn't understand yet. ... I pray for you in His Holy Name. for peace, for freedom from pain, for growth. much love, sara

Anonymous said...

Hope this one doesn't last lone. Praying for you. *Barb*
http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you...I am glad you were able to post this, so I can know you are in such pain and be praying for you super hard...I can only imagine the pain you have endured in the past, and I only hope this flare will not last long..(((BIG HUG)))

Anonymous said...

Hello!  This is my first time here.  I'm so sorry about the pain you're in!
~Sarah Flansburg
http://journals.aol.com/candles102/SarahFlansburgsPoliticalJournal

Anonymous said...

I hope and pray that the pain goes away quickly for you. God bless Kelley

Anonymous said...

adding you to my prayers today...

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you and wondering how you are...
I'm sorry you are not feeling well. Hope it passes soon...
Linda

Anonymous said...

Oh my!  I can only offer you big hugs of support and the reminder that I am here for you if you just need to talk.

I really hope this flare is short-lived.

Anonymous said...

oh, I am so sorry you are hurting. I will be thinking of you. judi

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((Lu))))))))))))))) I hope you start feeling better soon! I know all too well the not knowing of how long a lupus flare will last. I'm thinking about you!

Love you,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you just have to go with the flow. Hoping you are pain-free soon.
(((((HUGS))))))With Love, Loretta