Sunday, January 16, 2005

IT'S OUR ANNIVERSARY

Today is our 21st wedding anniversary!  Gary and I have been through many trials in our marriage.  The hardest has come most recently.  As many of you already know during the past two years my health has deterioriated.  Gary has been there for me every step of the way.

 

 

Marraige vows are are interesting.  We take them on our wedding day.  But at that time do we really think about them?  We look in our partner's eyes and know that we love that person.  We know we want to spend the rest of our lives with that person.  But do we really think about the vows that we are taking?

 

 

I, ________, take you ______, for my wife/husband, to have an d to hold, from this day forward, for better,for worse, for richer, for poorer,
in sickness and in health, until death do us part.  They are interesting words, don't you think?

 

 

I'm looking at the sickness and in health part of the vow. “In sickness and in health…”For most people sickness just means a bad case of the flu or an occassional operation. A minor inconvenience.  Most of the time health is taken for granted.  Each year we are married we grow together and things change.  And for some of us so does how we see that part of the vow that says “in sickness and in health…”  What may happen in our lives that causes the spouse of the loved one to be "sick" to fulfill that part of the vow and to hold on to and love and care for their loved one is extraordinary.  Whatever is done, however it is done as longas there is comfort involved and you are there for yourspouse it shows love.

 

 

And long as we both shall live…Well, what stronger pledge is there than that?  Is there a more trusting and faithful vow that can be taken?  Believing that ..... "Someone loves me......... Therefore I am blessed!

 

 

I am blessed to have celebrated this 21st anniversary with Gary.  He has been my lover and my friend.  He has been my caregiver.  I could never ask  for more in a husband.  I dedicate this journal entry to him.  I love you Gary! 

 

I thought I would share 2 pictures with you.

 

This is a picture of us while we wre dating.  I think I was about 25 and Gary was just 30.

 

 

Here is a picture taken just this morning. 

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your Anniversary. We just celebrated our 31st on Dec. 31st. I pray that this year will bring the two of you even closer. It's hard, I know. When my husband had cancer it raised our stress level enormously. We've been through it all, but we made it. SO glad you did too. Hugs. *Barb*
http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK
http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/ALittleBitOfHeaven

Anonymous said...

Lu, this is such a beautiful tribute!
Thank you for restating the marriage vows.
A perfect counterpoint to the 21 years that you and Gary have travelled together so far.
Have a WONDERFUL celebration!
Love, Loretta

Anonymous said...

aww, so sweet!  Loved seeing an early picture of you too!  Happy Anniversary to the both of you!! xox

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
You still look just as happy!!!
Linda

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary and may you have many, many more happy years.  The pics say it all.  You two are wonderful together.

Anonymous said...

Aww, how sweet! Hope you have a wonderful Anniversary! god bless, Beckie

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Lu and Gary!! This is just wonderful! I hope ya'll have a wonderful day together. You look so happy in that picture!

Love ya,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Lu and Gary! You are truly blessed to have each other. Love, Tina

Anonymous said...

I am a first time vistor to your journal I just wanted to say Happy annivarsy. My 17th will be here the end of the month. God has blessed you I hope he gives you many more happy years togather. GOD BLESS YOU KELLEY

Anonymous said...

Happy
anniversry, Lu and Gary!  Praise God that He has put you together as one flesh.  Many happy returns of the day.  In Him, Penny

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you both.
I don't think you have changed much at all. Gary just has a little less hair.<VBG>
God Bless you both.
Eileen ( another lupie)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU BOTH


LOVE JENN