Thursday, November 11, 2004

PREDNISIONE THE WONDER DRUG

Good evening, I am feeling so much better this evening.  It's amazing what 2 days on prednisione can do.  I also had a very nice appointment with my rheumatologist this afternoon.  His plan is to keep me on 20 mg of pred for another 2 weeks than 15 mg for 2 weeks then 10 for 2 weeks then 5  daily then get blood work return to see him in 6 weeks.  Also he is putting me back on CellCept.  But this time his plan is to increase it to 3000 mg daily.  He agrees that I was doing much better on this med and also need to have it increased.  He spoke to my PCP and  they both agreed that this was the best course of treatment.  He listened to me during my tears and calmed me down.  I am very happy with this doctor.  He has a very professional way about him.  He also has a very good sense of humor.  When I gave him all the pictures Gary took of me during this last flare.  He looked at them.  There were pictures of my rashes.  (Under my breasts and on my buttocks)  When he got to the pictures of my face he commented about  how swollen I looked.  Then he asked if he could keep them.  I said they were for his file.  He said, no I want them to throw darts at.  He said, all kidding aside.  I was surprised that you only called me once during all of this.  I told him that I didn't want to be a pain in the ass.  That I had a very bad experience with my past rheumatologist always telling me to go to the ER.  He told me to call whenever I felt like that.  He said by these pictures I see you were in real bad shape and you shouldn't have been suffering the way you were..  We could have fixed this sooner.  He made me promise to call sooner if this happens again.  I just love this guy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

luanne,my name is dawn,40 y/o, sle for 5 yrs now. never met anyone with rashes on buttucks besides me. been on disabled list since 2002. flares been constant this one has had a 5 ratin for about 8 months then last saturday BAM 11 with a bullet. could you please tell me what cell-cept is? i've been on everything it all does more damage than good.i let go of my rheumatologist the more they said oh your blood levels aren;t off bymuch the more frequent trips to the hospital barely making it. any advice is much appretiated thnak you, dawn

Anonymous said...

Glad you like your doctor! -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

glad to know the prednisone is working for you, i'm so glad:) many blessings, sara

Anonymous said...

Lu dear, I am so glad you now have a doc who is truly concerned for you and your wellbeing and making plans to try and make your life better!  I am praying for success!
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

(((((((((Lu)))))))))))) I'm glad to hear your appointment went well and that you have such a caring doctor. That makes such a difference.

Love and hugs,
Susan~~~~~~~~~~~~~