Monday, November 15, 2004

Focusing

There are many obstacles in our lives that cause us to fall short of what we think we are supposed to be. These obstacles cause us to stumble and slip. Lately many things have caused me to look at the bumps in my life.  There are many. So many things cause hindrances in my existence.  For one my difficulty with change.  Several things have changed in my life during the past few years.  Some of them have been through no fault of my own.  And, some of them have been because I could not deal with these changes. It has caused me difficulty.  That has been an hindrance and encumbrance in my life.  I was holding on to the past.  I was trying to make things stay the way they were before I got sick.  It was an arduous task.  Which cost me more than I sort to gain.  I was always facing a strenous uphill and rough journey.  My life was labored.  Every moment was effortful.  I needed to accept that I had to go on with my life.  I was carrying around too much.  I needed to drop any heavy bagage I was carrying and run unemcumbered toward a bright future.  But how?

I was sick, there was nothing that "I" could do about that.  I was looking for my support in all the wrong places.  I was placing my trust in all the wrong places.  I know that I am still new at all of this and that I have so much to learn.  But  what I do know is that I don't have to do this alone. 

"I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and recieve the prize for which God through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven."  Phillippans 3:13-14

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there lu, i like this:   "trying to make things stay the way they were before I got sick."  it's what i have been trying to do for the last 13 months now...  learning to adjust is hard, as we are both learning... God Bless you! sara

Anonymous said...

This is beautifully said.  I have had to re-arrange my focus as well.  Some days I can enjoy the moment and some days I can only look toward the prize.  I love this entry.  Hugs, Val
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts

Anonymous said...

Tough lessons in life: Desiring what we can not have in this life causes suffering. Let go, let God. Hang in there friend!
(((((HUGS)))))
:) Love, Loretta

Anonymous said...

Lu dear, one of the many hard things we face is letting go of our 'former life'.  It is incredibly painful coming to that and accepting that we must go on and forge a new way of life, shifting our focus to what is good and valuable today!
It sounds like you are achieving that now, dear, and I rejoice with you!
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

I must say that youre journal makes me think alot of my life. I hear what you say about trusting the wrong people/places. I too, trust the wrong people, but they do such a great job of deluding me that I wind up succumbing to their temptations. This I must learn to fight. But I do have a great amount of respect for you struggling with youre illness and everything in youre life.
May god bless you and youre family.