Wednesday, November 3, 2004

MY NAME

LuAnne?  What the heck kind of name is LuAnne? I love it now. Just the thought of my name revokes visions of a little child craving a simple name. Oh why couldn't my parents  have named me Laura, Mary or even Elizabeth?  No they had to burden me with the given name of LuAnne.  Not only was I tall, gauky and ackward but my name was L U A N N E.  How much more could a child bare?  I hated the name.  My sister was Kathy and my brother was Joseph.  Simple and usual.

I didn't realize it in my youth that my name wasn't part of my identity. ..........

LuAnne means.....

An inspired leader whos originality, creadivity and wisdom are applied tocreating practical solutions to "unsolvable'problems.  Humanitarian and idealistic your vision is to make the world a better place and y ou will work to this end.  Hard working and tenacious people admire you for your honesty and integrity.  You are a loved and loyal friend and partner.  You have the potential to achieve enormous success in the world.

Female Warrior.

Descripiton of Your First Name of LuAnne.......

Although the name LuAnne creates idealism and the urge to help others, we emphasize that it limits your ersatility and scope, turning you to technical detailis.  This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesess in the nervous system, and elminations system.  (Geez, you think?)

Your name of LuAnne creates a desire to be ofservice to others, but its practicallity and attention to detail restrict spontaneity.  This name creates much frustration, nervous tension, and personal unhappiness because you are not able to realize your amitions and ideals.  You desire your life to be orderly and systematized and you keep your surroundings need and tidy, buit others often see you as fussy over little things.  You are a patient person and you will work hard one step at a time to accomplish your endeavors,  You tend to be thorough in building a solid foundationof fact and logic, but are not incluned to pursue inspiration or creative expression as in music  or the arts.

My Elf name is ........Nienna Oronar

My Hobbit name is ....... Dimple chub-Bagains

My Hubby calls me ...... The BaaBee (hence my screen name)

My children call me ....... Mommy

My Mom calls me ........ LuAnne

My brother and sister in law call me ............ Lu or Babe

Their children call me .......... Aunt LuAnne

My friends call me .......... Lu

My Dad called me .......... LuLu ..........  or Ugly No. 1 (affectionately)!

What ever I am called it's what people see in me.  It's the replationship I have with them.  I love my names.  I love LuAnne as my name.  It's not what I am.  It's just one of my titles.  I have many.  I am wife, lover, mother, daugher, sister, aunt, niece, friend, neighbor, caregiver, helper, someone with lupus, listener, talker, citizen, needy, giving, loving, lacking, fulfilling, taking, restoring, I am everything and and I am nothing.  My inner soul is what I am.  My husband and childre are what I am. My life is what I am.  What I have done is what I am. 

And out of the ground the LORD GOD formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name there of.  Genesis 2:19

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lu dear, I can sure indentify with the little child craving a simple name, lol!  When my mama spelled me like this, it caused immense problems for me.  People didn't know how to pronounce my name or spell my name.  Her own mama never learned to spell it right, lol.  I used to swear as soon as I was old enough I was going to legally change the spelling of my name to carol.  Of course by that time I'd gotten used to it and didn't want to change, lol.
Now I just answer to anything that begins with the 'k' sound, lol.
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

I like your name...although I never did like my name "Debbie" I would so much more identify with "Michelle" ...that's what I named my first daughter...I've always wanted that to be my name. But, I'm stuck with Debbie

http://journals.aol.com/derasta/ADayInTheLife

Anonymous said...

LuAnne said: My Dad called me .......... LuLu ..........  or Ugly No. 1 (affectionately)!

Susan says: All of my siblings and I refer to each other as Ugly or Uglier then me. LOL It's a game we play. I love your name. I always wanted a different name, something unusual. The most popular girls name in 1976 was Susan so me and every other little girl was Susan. I hate it. Everyone is Susan. Gr.

Love and hugs~~~~~~~~~~~~