Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Veal Stew

I made a veal stew today.  It's been rainy and dreary lately.  So a veal stew was a good meal to make for dinner.  Except that peeling the potatos was hard on my hands.  I think that I took on more than I bargained for with this copious chore.  But it was well worth it.  Everyone loved dinner.  And I felt like I accomplished something.  Gary can't really eat beef and I got such a bargin on the veal this morning I had to make the stew.  Feeding everyone and watching them enjoy dinner makes me very happy, it's worth the pain from peeling the potatos.  So, I had to bring out the "Big Gun" meds.  I knew it was going to be a "Big Gun" med day when I woke up anyway.

I could feel it starting from the beginning of the week.  From the squeezing feeling in my head and the inability to hold my head up.  Like my head was too heavy for my neck to hold my head up.  My gums felt like they were burning.  Muscle and joint pain. The fatigue ~~ I needed to nap more. All the usual signs of a flare.  All this started gradually at the beginning of the week.  I keep losing my balance.  It's okay really because I have the 2 kids here during the day and they look out for me.  Christina and Gary have become my protectors.  It almost as if they guard me now.  They watch over me.  It's really nice to be loved so much.  I'm going to ride this flare out.  Take it easy and rest. I see my neurologist and rheumatologist soon.  So maybe they will have answers for me.  I just went for blood work. 

In the meantime, I'm praying for Tina. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I am behind, Lu. For some reason I wasn't getting the alerts for your journal.  Sounds like dinner was great. I hope those appts. go well and I am saying extra prayers for your Tina.G'nite! Love, Loretta