Saturday, October 16, 2004

MORE OTHER THINGS

I't not so bad forgetting things.  Not so bad having memory losses.  It makes things a lot easier sometimes. 

My husband is a wise man.  When I am hurting he comes up with the sensible things to soothe me.  Two of the most recent things he has said to me are:

1. Why don't you go back to church.  I think you will feel better if you do.

2. Lu, people say mean things sometimes because they don't know how else to say things to get their point across.

This is an amazing man.  He knows I am upset.  But, also knows how to be rational.  He has held my hand, my head and mostly my heart these last few days.  He is the only one that really knows me.  He has seen me at my best physically.  Now he sees me at my worst physically.  He is hanging on to me.  He says...... "In sickness and in health".  He knows me emotionally and most of all he knows my intimate being.  Better than any friend could.  He has been encouraging through all of this.  Yes, there have been hard times.  I realize this has been hard for him.  But we have just recently come to a place that is comfortable for both of us.

I am also happy to have everyone living under one roof.  Christina has just recently come to live with us.  She has been with us for about a month now.  I feel like I have 2 daughters.  No distinguishing one from the other.  There is laughter in this house.  Something that hasn't been here in a while.  Christina brought that here.  She has always been part of my married life with Gary.  And, she tells me that I am all she remembers too.  That I have always been around.   That I may not be her biological mother but she loves me.  We are a family....... the 5 of us we are a family.

I need a picture of all of us..... (note: Get Gary to take one.)

That is enough journaling for today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lu dear, please give your Gary a nice hug from me for being such a rock for my dear friend.  What a blessing that he knows how to help and comfort you!
I am happy for you that having the family all together is such a joy for you, dear.
Loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

TGFF (Thank God For Family)... they know are best moments and they know our warts... I am so glad that laughter has found its way into your home!
:) Love, Loretta

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have your family with you, Lu, and that there is laughter in your home. That makes this easier, at least for me, if there is something to laugh about I tend to deal with all of this better.

Love you~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~