Tuesday, October 19, 2004

My truths

Loss of a Friendship

You said you were my friend but on my darkest day,
You turned your back to me, shrugged and walked away.

You said our lives were bound by something stronger then blood,
But on that broken day there were only angry words, not love.

You stole away my pride with your thoughtless words of anger,
And I don’t think you even cared that our friendship was in danger.

Excuses I will hear, I know, tired, stress, not feeling well, will be the reasons given.
But each word cut my soul so deep the scars may not be hidden.

Our friendship lies trampled now on a pile of anger and scorn,
The love that supposedly bound us is permanently torn.

Sue Burkhard
June 27, 1999

For a listing of all of Sue's poems see the link below
http://www.qtm.net/~sburkhard/mypoems.htm

I cannot help but be distressed by what happened.   I do not cry much anymore.  It is still something that is in my mind.  I feel very mournful that things ended the way that they did.  That there had to be so much anger involved.  Instead of questions asked there were assumptions made.  Sue's poem projects a lot of hurt and anger.  I used Sue's poem to portray my feeling's in the beginning of this fiasco.  I am still suffering over this situation.  But, I do realize there is nothing I can do to turn the minds of others.  I know my truths.  And, that is all that is necessary in my life. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((((((((LU)))))))))
love, Loretta

Anonymous said...

Oh (((((((((Lu dear))))))))))  I am sorry.  Losing a friend for a real reason is painful enough, but to lose one through misunderstandings is tragic.
Sometimes people just cannot handle the complications that go with chronic pain or illness.
loving you
karyl