Thursday, October 28, 2004

MY JOURNAL IS PUBLIC AGAIN

Gary has been pestering me to once again allow my journal to be public.  I have been considering this for some time now.  I have received numerous emails from people I don't know who have experessed concern that they could no longer read my journal.  It never occured to me that other people out in cyber space were actually reading my journal and enjoying it.  These emails I have been receiving were from other Lupies or just people who knew someone or have a loved one who suffers from Lupus or some other type of auto immune disorder. 

I don't profess to be an expert.  Far from it.  I am just me.  Someone who lives day to day in the mystery of an illness that is just misunderstood.

I made my journal private as not to upset or offend anyone by my thoughts.  But, I have recently come to realize that this is not really the purpose of my journal.  More people have benefited from my journal.  Just by my writing my every day experiences.  By my writing about my life.  Still I have thought about removing some of my journal entries.  This has been the major reason that my journal has remained private these last few weeks.  My journal entries thus far were not written to injur anyone.  We have all been through some kind of pain.  Whether it be because of truth or because of inaccuracies.  The thing here is this is my journal and its my life.  I choose what to write about.

So, that being said.  Lessons have been learned.  And, please enjoy my journal from here on.  Because when I first started this journal that was my intention. ITS ALMOST THE END OF LUPUS AWARENESS MONTH ~~ HOW MORE APPROPRIATE TO END THE MONTH..... Love bunches Luanne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've just missed you, Lu. ((((((((((((((((Lu)))))))))))))))))

Anonymous said...

Lu dear, welcome back!  I am glad--- now I have signed up for alerts again and don't have to rely on remembering to visit the journal to see if any new entries, lol!
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

Dear LuAnne,
Thank you for sharing your Journal again.  After you had given me access to it,  I ended up in the hospital because of severe dehydration (Lupus Nephritis) and did not have a chance to thank you.  When I got home last night and followed one of your medical links I found an article about 'Crestor' (which I had been on for my cholesterol) and a new study revealed that it causes more kidney insuffiency and failure than all other 'statin-class' drugs combined.  If I had not been reading your journal I may not have found out or been advised of that important study for some time, if ever.  I was overjoyed to get this information because of
the never-ending problems I have with my kidneys.  I will be notifying my doctor on Monday.  Bless your Heart.
Hugs & Prayers,
Linda    (aka Dreams)