Friday, October 22, 2004

"Must GO's"

Tonight is "Must~Go" night. Which means I don't have to cook dinner tonight.  "Must~Go" night means that everything in the refrigerator "Must~Go."  We don't throw anything away unless it's about to be used to make penicillin.  And, then I have often thought about using it when someone is ill.  NOT!  Having dinners like this free me up.  We have always had dinner nights like this.  Even when I was't sick.  But now it allows me not to feel so guilty about resting and taking care of myself for an entire day.  Webster defines rest as: freedom from activity or labor,  a state of motionlessness or inactivity.  I've been needing this these past few days.  So today I can have some freedom from activity.

That's pretty much all I have to say today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOu know, Lu, I really need to remember that definition for rest. I just do not know how to be inactive...lol! Even when I sleep my feet are twitching away. I do the same thing with the frig. It is hard to make the right sized portions for 3 people, one a fussy little kid, my self ( a never dependable appetite) and hubby, the gourmand. LOL! Also reminds me to get my mom's :infamous" garbage can soup recipe...she used that to cook up all the leftover veggies. My favorite clean out recipe is pasta primavera...YUM! Darn...now you got me obsessing about dinner...lol!
(((((LU))))) Love, Loretta

Anonymous said...

Luanne...

Again thank you for allowing me access to your journal.  Freedom
from Activiy is exactly what I strive for,  but I have found SLE has become a full-time 'job'.  You are in my prayers, Linda

Anonymous said...

Lu dear, OK I never looked up the definition of 'rest', lol.  And I realize as I read it, that my definition is not the same, lol!  Oh my  'freedom from activity or labor, a state of motionlessness or inactivity'
I now realize I am not doing much resting.  I do what I call loafing instead, which is refraining from zooming around the house doing strenuous chores, instead choosing to read, sew, crochet or sort and tidy.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm    freedom from activity --- you've given me something to think about dear!
loving you
karyl