Saturday, August 21, 2004

MY HEAD IS EXPLODING

My head is pounding and I can't do anything to stop it!  

 I would scream except I think that would make me throw up.  I woke up feeling better than yesterday or so I thought.  Then all of a sudden my head just started pounding  I've brought out the "Big Gun Meds".  I hate to do that.  The Fiorional with codene, I just hate to take this med.  This pounding headache is so bad I have to do it and be prepared for the side effects.  I just have to pray that they don't happen.  The side effects of Fiorional with codene are: 

  • an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives);
  • slow, weak breathing; 
  • seizures;
  • cold, clammy skin;
  • severe weakness or dizziness;
  • unconsciousness; or
  • black, bloody, or tarry stools or blood in your urine or vomit

Do I have a choice?  I don't know?  Because right now I am feeling like my head is going to explode and leave pieces of my brain all over the place.  It's not a headache.  People get headaches.  Lupus people get explosions.  APS people get swelling in their brain.  I get both.  I'm going to bed now. I wonder what color my aura is now?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Lu,

I am so very sorry that you have such a bad headache today. Is someone with you? I am concerned. (((((HUGS))))) Love, Loretta

Anonymous said...

Awwww! Lu,
 You had a bad headache yesterday and yet you  still were comforting me.  How unselfish can you get?  However, I am grateful.  I know these headaches and how they paralyze you.  Fortunately, for me, I dont get them often.  Dont you wish that we could all share the good days.  For example, if you were haveing a bad day, I could half it with you so we both could have some good and some bad in that day.  I would take your headache for a few hours so you could take a breather that way.  maybe you would be as gracious to give me some relief from the dry heaves on my bad days.  I wish you remission from the suffering.  And you will forever be in my thoughts and prayers.  I love you and love gives us something to live for.
Love,
Mariann