Wednesday, August 25, 2004

LET'S TWIST AGAIN

UPDATE: I WENT TO MY APPOINTMENT AT ROBERT WOOD JOHNSON MEDICAL CENTER.  Dr. Mark said I do not have Dystonia.  Which is great.  I was very relieved.  What I do have is a tick disorder.  Like a mild form of Tourette's.  Dr. Goldstein, my Rheumatologist, made a joke.  He said, "What do you do?  Say, Gosh Darn It, instead of cursing?"  I said, "No, I bleep myself out."  It's good I can joke about it.  No more meds needed for this.  The Xanax will suffice for now.  No need to add another "ologist" to my ever growing list of them.  I am happy.  This makes me very happy.

 

UPDATE: 08/26 I RECEIVED A TELEPHONE CALL FROM ROBERT WOOD JOHNSON MEDICAL CENTER.  THEY GOT A CANCELLATION FOR 09/13. A WHOLE MONTH EARLY. AN ANSWER TO PRAYER!!  THE PERSON WHO CALLED ME WAS NAMED LUANNE TOO.  GARY WILL BE TAKING OFF THAT DAY TO TAKE ME FOR MY APPOINTMENT.  ITS ONLY IN TWO WEEK1

What the heck happened to me while I was sleeping?  My chest, shoulders, arms, neck and head have a mind of their own.  These muscles are moving all by themselves. I can stop it.  But it just starts again.  THE PAIN IS EXCRUCIATING! Mostly its my shoulders and my chest.  They jerk and tighten.  Before this it was something I could deal with.  But now the wait until October 12th seems like forever!  That's when I have the appointment at Robert Wood Johnson Hospital with Dr. Mark to be evaluated.  To see what kind of movement disorder I actually have.  There is no discrepancy about me having a movement disorder, just exactly which one I have.  All I know is that its getting worse and I am in more pain and I want to scream.......Here are a few websites that are pretty informative.

  WE MOVE - Worldwide Education and Awareness for Movement Disorders

http://www.angelfire.com/ca6/Tnippy/

I am losing my mind today....!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((((Lu dear))))))))))))))))))))  sending you some gentle hugs along with prayers for relief.
October does sound like a long time off.  Do they keep a list of people to call if there are cancellations?
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

(((((LU)))))
Sounds like you need a soundtrack for your life with all that dancing about. Seriously, thank you for the link...and I hope you are feeling better this evening!