Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I wish my mind worked better.  I do get moments (they are far and in between) where I can think clearly.  During these moments I feel somewhat normal.  Today wasn't one of those days

Yesterday wasn't either.

At around 3:00 this unyielding, paralyzing feeling of fatigue came over me.  It was pretty horrible.  I had to lay down where I was standing.  I went right down onto the living room floor.  Nothing could get me up.  No amount of trying, nothing at all.  I remained there for almost 45 minutes.

I had to get up because I was in the middle of cooking dinner.  Thank goodness I had decided to put the chicken in the convection oven.

By the time Gary got home from work I was a mess.  It still hits me hard when these things happen.  It's easy to accept this illness when things are going fine.  But even during my better days I still do not have the stamina I once had.

He walked me to bed and told me to go online for a while.  I couldn't keep my eyes open and I had no energy to close up the laptop.  Thank God for my husband.  He is a gem.  He came in and took care of everything for me.

The next thing I knew it was midnight.  I was awoken by the kids.  Most of the time I have a houseful here.  I sat with the girls for a little while but had to drag myself back to bed.  I fell asleep instantly.  For the next thing I remembered was Gary kissing me goodbye at 6:30.  I reached out my arms to hug him and he put the blankets back over me.

I looked up again and it was after 9 am.  My body was in complete agony.  Once again every joint and muscle was in pain.  My head was killing me.  My eyesight was not great.  I kept seeing little flashing circles.

I struggled to the kitchen to get a drink so I could choke down my morning meds.  Maybe this will help I thought to myself.  Increasing my prednisone dosage to 20 mgs. 

About 2 hours later I took a fiorional.  I slept on and off for the rest of the day.  I ended up having to take 2 percocettes and a valium.  This combination seems to be helpful in alleviating my body and head pain. Now my body just feels as if it has been hit by a truck.  Believe me this is a huge improvement from the way I was feeling earlier.

Gary is working late therefore I didn't have to worry about cooking.  Not that he would have insisted on me cooking.  He is so very wonderful about this.  I am the one who feels guilty about not being able to do it.  Everyone manages to find something to eat.

My son ate farina earlier and then made a tuna sandwich.

Lauren is in the kitchen right now cooking for Greg.  Mac and Cheese and some leftover chicken.

I often wonder how others with younger children do it.  I also often thank God for a very loving and understanding husband.

I have an appointment with Dr. Goldstein early next month.  Let's see what my blood work shows.   And, what he has to say about this.

I do know that things with my health could be so much worse.  But on days like this when I know that I most likely will be feeling this way for weeks.  It pretty much sucks.

Hugs, Lu

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((Lu))))) Yes, it does suck to be soooooo sick.  I understand.  I have been very sick the last eight or nine days, too.  So sorry.  Yes, I wonder how others with little ones do it, too.  Feel better soon, doll.  Love, Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts

Anonymous said...

Lu honey ---- my heart hurts for you that you are having such a hard time with these sorts of symptoms.  My prayers are going up for you --- wish I could be there to give you a hug dear!
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

{{{{{{Lu}}}}} I wish I could wave a magic wand and take this burden off of you-and everyone- with Lupus. I hope you can hang in until you begin to feel better. Margo

Anonymous said...

So sorry you are feeling so badly dear.  You mentioned you are seeing your Doctor next mouth. I saw on the tv a few days ago, a special report on folks with Lupus and how a new drug for the first time in 40 years has come on the market that has been shown to help some folks with Lupus. It was call Cell-Cept, there are sites under this on the internet that you might want to check out and maybe ask your Doctor about.  AJ