Friday, December 9, 2005

PRAISE

Well, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.  This winter so far we have had three snow events. 

I used to love the snow.  I still do.  But when you are a mother and worry about your children driving in it, things change in your mind.  I've prayed and given my fears over to The Lord so I feel a lot better.  Thank you Lord.

This is a big weekend here.  Both my husband and son will be starting new jobs on Monday.  These two new jobs for my men mark a significant change for them.  I am so very proud of the preparation and skills my men have that have lead them to these new positions.

As many of you know things here in our household have been quite unstable since I became ill. 

There were many times I had lost faith. 

Last year at this time my faith and hope were non existent.  This lapse of faith, my lack of faith caused me to attempt to take my own life.  Thankfully God  is faithful and laid His loving hands upon me and saved me from a physical death.  And, with the prayers of everyone I came through this episode with restored faith. A faith that Our Lord intended me to have.

Now I need to verbally praise Him.  For He has been faithful to me. He has given me more than I can ever give Him back. 

I am still sick and will probably be forever.  Not that He is unable to remove this from my life as well.  Everything in time.  But I can be sick without worry.  My family is taken care of.

So this being said, I make a promise to myself and to My Lord that I will return to church.  Where I can praise Him and bare witness to His Everlasting Mercy. 

Always remember that when things seem their darkest that is the time to Praise Him.  He is a faithful and merciful God. 

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.  John 10:28 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thank our God that He saved you, sweetie.  your kind words and scripture this morning -- from my favorite (matthew!) -- brought a big smile to my face and shook the doldrums right out of me.  you are right ... when we are at our lowest it is that we are closest to Him.  ((( thank God for you, lu! ))) and congrats & good luck to your men!  much love, tracey (currently sitting in 8" of freshly fallen snow -- hehe!!~)

Anonymous said...

Remember Lu, even if you cannot get to the actual 'building' God will hear your prayers and the praises you sing from the safety of your home.  This scary time of year with our good ole NY/NJ Slush and Mush is not the time to be risking life and limb... He KNOWS and HE Understands...  I am so BLESSED to have you in my life... I will get to SI one of these days soon!  

Congrats to your son and hubby and I am so happy that your disability has kicked in...yay!  

Be well,
Dawn