Thursday, December 1, 2005

Thursday Morning

Good Morning my friends!

 

I hope you are well!

 

I am feeling pretty good these days.  I think it must be the prednisone.  I can't think of anything else that could do it.  I am going to be happy for this for as long as it lasts

 

My day yesterday was very confusing for me.  Had to bring my car in for service.  What should have been something straightforward turned out to be so very confusing.  Turns out that because my car is an Oldsmobile I have to bring it to a GM service center.  For someone else this probably wouldn't be a problem but for me it just became too overwhelming for me.  I ended  up going into a crying fit and had to take a valium.  Too many things to think about and my brain got confused.  I'm just not capable of making a lot of decisions at once.  My car is still there but I did manage to make an appointment with GM for Monday.  Gary and my son will take it over there on Sunday.  Problem solved I guess.

Tomorrow I am having surgery on my foot.  It's a pretty straightforward surgery for a regular person.  But for me it has to be complicated.  Like transitioning from coumadin to lovenox.  Getting a million doctors to clear me medically.  Plus the thing that has to be done to my foot.is not normal.  My foot doctor said he has never seen anything like this in his entire career.  What's going on is that first I have a ganglion cyst there.  He said it's not formed like a normal cyst.  What ever that means?  Plus I have a few bone fragments hanging around in there from a few years ago when I fractured that foot.  They are impeding on nerves and causing me quite a lot of pain.  We tried to avoid surgery.  He injected the site with cortisone shots a few times.  He did ultrasound therapy.  Nothing helped.  So I go in tomorrow for this stupid surgery.  I will have to be off my feet for a week or so. I prepared some meals and put them in the freezer so Gary or one of the kids can just pop it in the oven.  I also bought some easy things to cook such as franks, fish sticks and frozen manicottis (that they only have to add the sauce  I already made and some shreaded mutzarells).  We are hooked up here.

 

Have a Blessed Day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lu dear, I am delighted you are feeling better!  I am praying for you and the doctors/nurses who will be in surgery with you --- that the surgery and recuperation will go well -- that the nurses and doctors will be well-rested, alert and skillful.
Sounds like you have got your dear ones at home all prepared to handle meals!  Good job dear!
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are feeling better, and so sorry that you have to mess that up with surgery! On the other hand, I'm hope the surgery will hwlp with the pain, which is always a downer. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Margo

Anonymous said...

Lu~

I am so glad that you're feeling better. I love those days. Enjoy every minute of it. " ) I'm so sorry to hear about the surgery though. I hope it goes well, please let us know.

Hugs,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Hugs my friend and I pray the surgery goes well and you're "back on your feet" in no time.  :-)

Anonymous said...

You will be in my prayers today as you prepare for surgery, Lu ((((())))) xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts

Anonymous said...

Prayers will continue ~~  

You are on top of things  ~~ and that is a GOOD thing....LOL!!!!
((((((LU))))))))

Anonymous said...

I am praying that the foot surgery goes well and you heal quickly and without problem!

Be well,
Dawn