Wednesday, December 7, 2005

Think about it

People confuse me.  Things that they comment on (aside from ignorant comments regarding my health) never really carry much weight as far as upsetting me.  But put me in a quandary at times.

 

I always try to put myself in the shoes of other people.  Although this is not always possible.  But when a person wears their emotions on their sleeve it’s a pretty easy thing to do.

 

Plus, my Grandmother always had great words of wisdom for most situations regarding those things that come up between friends and acquaintances.   Boy do I wish my Grandmother was around

 

I am learning though.  It blows my mind that I can’t always remember her little pearls of acumen.  She had an astute way of correcting or even avoiding situations that were certain to bring about conflict.  Her words would always come out softly and certain.  Grandma would always tell me that just saying. “Okay!” would most definitely halt a myriad of confrontations.

 

These lessons taught to me have gotten me where I am today.  It is hardly required to “get into it” with another individual over things that I consider inconsequential.

 

My Father’s way of handling similar circumstances were of the notion that we should not let others walk all over us.   His advice to me also comes in handy at times.

 

It if appears to be important to the person why not comply? 

 

Now don’t misinterpret me here.  I can only speak about me.  I can only answer for myself.  If a request is put to me that I need to relay to another, I have no dominion over their actions. Considering that fact, I believe I have fulfilled my obligation by relaying the original request.  In simple terms let’s not kill the messenger.  The outcome is out of my hands.

 

You are probably sitting in front of your computer screen reading ths journal entry and saying to yourself......... 

 

            WHAT IS SHE TALKING ABOUT?

 

You see I was asked to relay a message yesterday.  It wasn’t strange.  Not odd if it had been asked ten years ago.  But to have this brought up now after so many winters.  I had to think of the entire situation and the circumstances behind this

 

So I will end this as I began.

 

And, say to myself ...... put yourself in the shoes of the other person.  Things end up being quite simple when we do this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lu dear you are right that I am sitting here wondering what you are talking about lol.  It sounds like something messy.  I am praying if you are the  messenger, you emerge unscathed!
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

Gee, Lu, sorry if something got crazy and upset you.  I have an idea for you, honey.  I hope it works.  Sounds like something my therapist would tell me to do. lol  Write down on a piece of paper the pearls of wisdom your Grandmother and Father have taught you.  Maybe sit in a quiet room and think of them.  Write down what you have learned from them.  They sound wonderful!!  I know you must miss them so!!  When something like this comes up you can just pull out the paper and feel like they are with you and perhaps it will help you.  Just a thought.  What do you think?  It may help to keep them "alive", too!  I love you so much, Lu!!! xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts

Anonymous said...

Dear Luanne,
Don't let those ignorant people bring you down. Your Grandmother was so right.
Somethimes I say "Whatever", with certain people their is a no win situation.
You know so well how they will tell us "Lupus" people but you look so well, or you loook okay to me. Than sometimes I would like to scream and say " Yes crowl in my skin for half an hour" and tell me how you feel. Doctors can sometimes make
you feel the same way. Even them, they just sometimes don't understand.
I have a son who is an ER physician and his wife is a psycologist. No need talking  to them either, they frustrate me even more.
My husband, who passed away 2 years ago, understood it the best.
He knew me how I was before this Lupus took hold of me.
Your husband sound so great and loving.
Just focus on yourself on getting well. I did to much yesterday and now I feel broken, time to charge the battery again. You focuse now on you  getting well, your foot getting better and charging your battery.
Love You, Hang in there,
Mimi.

Anonymous said...

I am like you Luanne, I wear my heart on my sleeve, and my life is an open book.  Probably too open.  I spill my guts in my journal, and occasionally I have a troll or two pass through and make nasty comments.  At first it made me feel horrible, but now, I realize they are just trying to push my buttons.. but instead of allowing that, I now push the delete button and poooooof!  They are gone!

Don't let people get to you.  You've been journaling far to long, and have far too many people that read you, who care about you and how you are feeling.  I am one of them, even though I don't always leave a comment.  I do pray for you, and always read what you have to say..

Take care..
jackie