Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The Trees

From my bedroom and living room windows I have a beautiful view of trees.  I love to watch these trees especially on a windy day.  There is something about watching the branches sway with the wind that mesmerizes me.  These days I am pretty much homebound.  As many of you know I really don't drive anymore.  And, I have been having more bad days than good ones lately.  When I do have a good day I used to overdue it.  Gary would lecture me about this.  And, he is right.  I would always pay for it in the long run.  I would make believe that I wasn't sick on those days.  Now I have learned that I need to pace myself. 

Monday and Thursdays are my best days most of the time.  This is the case on an average week.  On Monday evenings I take my weekly immuno suppressant med, Methotrexate.  Once it gets into my system I start experiencing the side effects.  Nausea and diarrhea.  It's not a pretty sight.  My body looks terrible.  I feel terrible.    This is when I enjoy the trees.

I didn't notice it until the other day.  I was in bed most of Tuesday and watched the trees between dozing off or trying to make it to the bathroom

I’m trying not to let this situation upset me anymore but on days when I can’t move out of my bed it’s a hard task to accomplish.  My legs have been bothering me lately too.  From the knee down on my left leg and my entire right leg from hip to toe.  Or the continuing bouts of costoncondritis.  I have been having this now almost every day. 

You know some people can’t quite grasp the concept of being ill.  I’m told that I should keep my chin up.  I’m told that I should not dwell on my illness.  But it’s just so very hard to do when you feel sick most of the time

What can I say?  I’m trying……

 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending lots of hugs!!!
I'll think of you now when I see trees blowing in the wind, watching your trees blowing in the wind...
Have a wonderful holiday weekend!!!
Love Linda

Anonymous said...

I love to watch the trees swaying also.  Isn't it so peaceful to do so?  Good therapy!  Take care of yourself Hon, and it is ok if you feel bad, you can have your chin up and feel sick at the same time! -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((Lu)))))))))))) After ten years with lupus and whatnot, I know all too well how hard it is to listen to people tell you to keep your chin up or that it can't be that bad. They have no idea what it's like to go to bed sick knowing that you will wake up in the morning just as sick. It doesn't go away and it sucks. I'm flaring with you.

Love ya,
Susan

Anonymous said...

((((((((LuAnne))))))))

We must've been on the same brain waves yesterday honey!!!  You ARE doing your best, I hope you're as proud of you as I am of you!

love you sweetie!!!

((((((Hugs)))))) and lots of prayers!
Missy

Anonymous said...

Luanne
I hope you have better days ahead of you very soon!!!!!!    I am glad you have the trees to look at.    We live on a small lot in the city, and I have NO trees.    Hubby and I are always admiring trees and wishing we had some.     I do have lots of flowers and that is what I like to look at.     Perhaps the trees and flowers are our friends put here to keep us company when we are too sick to do anything but lay in bed and watch.