Friday, May 13, 2005

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY

Today is my birthday.  I am 48 years old now.  It's funny because I get these strange feelings only on even numbered birthdays.  For some reason I divide my age by two and say..........  24 years ago I was 24. 

 How quickly time goes by.

I really don't mind getting older considering the alternative.

In my mind I am still 18.

As mature as I have become. 

Regardless of the "NUMBER" of my age I am still 18 somewhere deep inside of me.  And, especially “DESPITE” of my myriad of illnesses and the constant pain, fatigue and confusion I experience.  I AM STILL A TEENAGER!!!

So let me be the first to say this to myself………It's going to be a great day, I just feel it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUANNE!!!!  You are a fellow Gemini!  Gemini's are awesome, aren't we??  :)
I hope you have a wonderful day, and I pray this year is one where they find a cure or something besides just a bunch of pain pills to get rid of all the pain you and others experience with this disease.
Again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Jana

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUANNE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!

My grandmother was 96 when she passed away. When she was 92 she talked about the old lady next door!!
She said that on the outside she was a little weathered ( did I memtion that she was vain?) but on the inside she was just a young girl!
I've never forgotten that.

Have a wonderful day!

Mary Louise

Anonymous said...

The happiest of days to you! I know about still being 18 inside . . . get a shock everythime I pass a mirror.  Many blessings!  Love, Penny  http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/FromHeretoThere?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday To You...
Happy Birthday To You...
Happy Birthday Dear LuAnne!
Happy Birthday To You!!!!
Love You, honey!!  Enjoy your day! xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

                HAPPY BIRTHDAY LuANNE!!!!!!!
GEE WE DO HAVE A LOT IN COMMON,,,,,MINE IS THE 22ND!
AGE IS REALLY JUST A STATE OF MIND!  AND MY MIND IS ALWAYS IN THE STATE OF TRANSITION!
HOPE YOU HAVE A MOST WONDERFUL DAY!
GLENNA

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, happy birthday, happy happy birthday to you!


Love you bunches!

Susan

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lu!  Hope it is a wonderful day for you!
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you...
Happy Birthday to you...
Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday...
Happy Birthday to you!!!
Have a wonderful Day!!!
Love Linda

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dear One!!!!


love you!
Missy

Anonymous said...

In my mind I am 18 too. I still know the kids who graduated in the paper I know them. OHHHH wiat it s their parents I knew. They loook just like their parents> LOL WELL So times flies Hey IM a MAYbaby too. Happy birthday girl.