Friday, July 22, 2005

Is God not hearing you?

Is God not hearing you?

And the LORD said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward.  Exodus 14:15

When God Waits
There are a lot of why questions that we lift up to God. Every day people are looking to heaven and crying out in frustration, "Lord, why aren't you doing something about this? Why is this happening to me?" We saturate the airwaves with the why questions of life.

I'm convinced that God has one answer for almost every one of those questions. He says, I'm just waiting on you.
When Moses and the Israelites stood on the edge of the Red Sea watching the Egyptian army close in on them, they cried out to God in fear. They began praying that God would somehow rescue them. And look what God said: "Tell the people to get moving!" (Exodus 14:15). To paraphrase, "I'm just waiting for you."

Too often we spend our days waiting for a miracle. When trouble comes, we cry out to God for help. When things don't move fast enough, we blame God for taking his time. And all the while God is saying to us, I haven't gone anywhere. I'm just waiting on you.

And what is it that God is waiting for? Often he is waiting for us to lay aside our own agenda and trust him.…Whenever God waits, he waits for a purpose.

And when we finally come to our senses and do the thing that we know he wants us to do, he moves with a vengeance. The Red Sea parts, and things start to happen.

From a devotional thought by Frank M. Martin in  Embracing Eternity (Tyndale House) p 289).

God's Daily Promises 

I'm often confused trying to think what God wants me to do.  It just dawned on me that it's sort of like Newton's Fourth Law of Motion.  "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."

It's just like when a bird flies. A bird flies by using its wings. When it flies it flaps its wings making the air go downward. The air reacts by pushing the bird upwards. The size of the force on the air equals the size of the force on the birdFor every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for birds to fly.  Or for anything to move.

You have to do your part. That's all God is waiting for.  What is your part?  You are the bird and God is the air. I'm not saying that I believe air is God or A God.  What I am saying is that our actions are what God is waiting for.  We have to do something, God doesn't want us to sit and wait for things to happen.

   

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sending your link.  And this was a good entry.  Big Hugs, Nicki

Anonymous said...

Lu dear, good entry!  It's a good reminder for what we need to do!
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

I say it every day and I say it lots of times a day -

Let go and let God.

I don't ask why anymore.

Be well sweetie...

Dawn