Wednesday, September 29, 2004

MOM

MY MOTHER

M    is for the million things she gave me

O     means that she’s growing old

T     is for the tears she shed to save me

H    is her heart of purest gold

E     is for her eyes, with love-light shining

R    Means right and right she’ll always be Put them all together, they spell MOTHER!

A word that means the world me.                     Howard Johnson

 

Could you imagine growing up not having an amazing mother?  I couldn't.  Because I have one.  Mymother is loving, kind and compassionate.  It never fails to astound me how she can know by just the sound of my voice how I am feeling.  It must be the "Motherly Thing!"  I never believed in that before I was a mother.  I believe it now.  Because I can sense it with my own children.  My mother has taught me well.  She has taught me by example.  My mother is a kindhearted, tolerant and forbearing woman.  She is good-natured, sweet-tempered, and openhearted.  There is not a malicious bone in her body.  She is the most wonderful woman I know.  If I can be half the woman she is I will count myself  fortunate.  I know that sometimes I do things that she does not like.  We all make mistakes.  I know I have made some.  I also think that in many ways I am very much like my mother.  I think a lot like her.  We clean the same way and do many things the same. There is not a person who does not like my mother.  I love my mother dearly.  Don't get me wrong there are times when we can butt heads.  I find this happens because we are very much alike.  Maybe because we are two woman share one kitchen when she is in NY.  Maybe because we are two sensitive woman.  Maybe because we are two woman who are used to doing things are own way.  Or simply because we are just two woman.  I can confide in my mother and she understands.  She has been through a lot in her life.  She loves her children dearly.  And, they love her too.  Mom is tender, merciful, but most important she is "Saved."  She loves Jesus and prays for my salvation.  And, for that I will be forever thankful.  She has not given up on me.  She knows my short comings and loves me in spite of them.  She knows Jesus loves me in spite of them as well.  Thank you Mom for all you have done for me throughout my life.  I love you so much! You are what has made me the woman I am today.  I appreciate you so very much.  I think  you are so wonderful.

 

"Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face." —George Eliot

 

"A mother understands what a child does not say." --Jewish Proverb

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely tribute to your mom, Lu dear!  I hope she gets to read it!
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

Wow, Lu...this really expresses what you have tried to explain to me about your mother. What a beuatiful entry. Love, Loretta

Anonymous said...

I've met your Mom and I think she's fantastic~~
the apple doesn't fall far from the tree you know!
Donna