Tuesday, September 21, 2004

I HATE ROSES

I hate roses, always did.  Daisies,  or sunflowers would do much better for me.  Even lillies or tulips would be better than roses.  I think roses are a selfish flower.  Very stuck up.  Yup, I'm more of a Sunflower Gal.  Those big yellow flowers blowing in the wind.  Not very fragile at all.  Roses need tending too.  Sunflowers are hardy.  They can take care of themselves.  Their tenacious stems withstand the strength of the wind.

Some people are roses and I hold my disdain for them in the same regard.  To be selfish and need to be tended to simply pisses me off.  I'm not saying that there aren't times when we need to be tended to.  I have had times (and they have been very recent times) where I have had the need to be tended to.  But not for selfish reasons.  Not because I am high maintenance.  Because I am sick, does anyone really get this?  I don't want to be sick, I don't want to be tended to.  I would much rather do things for myself.  I have done them for myself for  over the last 4 decades of my life and now I am unable to do the things I used to be able to do.  I don't like it.  But I refused to be the rose.   I am still the sunflower.  The big and bold sunflower.  STANDING TALL AND FACING THE SUN.  Even though I can't face the sun any longer.  I will never be the rose.  I will always be the SUNFLOWER!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((Lu sweetie)))))))))))))  I don't hate the roses-- but I am another wildflower so I understand what you mean!  It is hard to need care and I'd prefer not to need it.
Roses demand care and even when they receive it, they sometimes do not thrive.  They are stingy with their blooms but generous with their thorns, lol.  You never see a rose by the roadside-- or growing from a crack in the sidewalk.
Wildflowers are generous with their bounty-- and thrive in the strangest out-of-the-way spots.  Their beauty is from within and their hearts rejoice just to see the sun and feel the gentle rains come down.
Loving you
from another wildflower

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lu!
Sunflowers are perfect!
This entry brought back fond memories of last summer. I bought a HUGE bag of sunflower seed, and dumped it in the front lawn. We had a little field of sunflowers for the whole summer. Bunnies hid in their and the wild canaries had a feast at the end of summer.
Roses can be a pain...you know thorns and soil acidity and needed to be pruned and...oh well....
I am happy that you are a sunflower friend, but I don't mind one bit if you need some tending to.
(((((HUGS)))))
Loretta
http://journals.aol.com/lrttklly/LupusLeftovers/ LUPUS JOURNAL
http://journals.aol.com/lrttklly/LorettasStudio  PAINTINGS, etc.
http://journals.aol.com/lrttklly/FindingaVoice/  ESSAYS

Anonymous said...

THebaabee I am really loveing your journal. It is just great.
Willow