Monday, September 6, 2004

I'M OKAY TODAY

Such is the life of a Lupie.  Days filled with indiscriminate responses to the energy that life doles out.  I have envisaged truth in my search through this life that I call......LuAnnne's Life Living With Lupus.

I have no way of knowing how each stream of sunshine through my window in the morning will secure the outcome of my day.  Will I awaken to a painfree, wonderful day?  Or will my day be lost, once again to Lupus?

 

Today, turned out to be one of those "Middle of the  Ground" days.  I found myself starting to get one of those abominable headaches today.  But, I made a quick judgement and called in the "Big Guns"  meds. Figured why wait? It worked!  Took the headache from a 8 to a 4 which is much more endurable.   And, as the day progressed it hovered somewhere between a 2 and a 3.  Which is so tolerable.

So today turned out okay.  The kids went to the Mall and decided to do my food shopping for me.  What a surprise. I have 3 really great kids.

UPDATE:  The kids came home with:

                *  More groceries than I have seen in a long time.

                *  Nick

                * A new Vacuum!!!!! (From Christina)

It felt like Christmas or my birthday.  Well, aside from Nick, who is here all the time.  LOL  My vacuum was so broken.  Gary had been fixing it for months now. But with the lack of funds we were making due.  Chris surprised me with a new one.  This one makes the carpet look soooooo much better.  Thanks Sweetie Pie!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I borrow your kids? LOL! It is so hard to make the choice to use the "big guns", but I've learned that they do their job if you take them sooner rather than later.
(((((LU)))))
Loretta

Anonymous said...

Oh LUAnnne, I am so glad this day was better for you. It was a very bad one for me. Couldn't put my feet to the floor without excrucieating pain. Its been that way all day. Family was of no help at all. One granddaughter just could not make the day without causeing one fight after another with me. It just seems when I am down they love to kick me. I wish they would just leave me alone. I couldn't do the housework today and they had to , not to their likeing. But I do not care, I just could not do it.