Wednesday, September 22, 2004

LIFE 2004 FOR AT A GLANCE (OR LIFE 2004 FOR LUPIES)

LIFE 2004 AT A GLANCE (OR LIFE 2004 FOR LUPIES)

PART I ~ GETTING TO KNOW LIFE ......

 Life is a beach and either we sink or we swim. Such is the life of a Lupie every day is an adventure.  We wake up and examine what is going to happen each day.  Screw that one day at a time theory if you have to.  Try one hour at a time.  Especially if you are living with some sort of chronic illness like Lupus.  You never know what is going to happen when you lift your head off of the pillow in the morning.  Or if you even are able to get your head on that pillow. For some the pillow doesn't even come into play.  Chronic insomnia is so real.  I am lucky I don't have that.  I just sleep and sleep.  So for me knowing my life is knowing that I just sleep a lot. Therefore, I work my life around that.  Find out what works for your life and work around it.

 

PART II ~~ WORKING WITH LIFE

For me as I said in Part I, I live my life around my sleeping schedule.  No way around it.  I do what I have to do around my fatigue and pain.  Some days its better some days its worse.  I take them one day at a time or one hour at a time.  Depends on the situation. 

 WORK WITH YOUR LIFE.  Work with what you have.  Not with what you had, or what with what you wish you had.  Not with what you have lost.

PART III ~~ PLAYING THE NUMBERS GAME

 

Playing the numbers game....... It's interesting to play the numbers game.  For me playing the numbers game means a whole bunch of different things.  On Sunday nights it means counting out my pills.  I can no longer do this alone.  I need assistance.  Otherwise, I put too much of one pill and not enough of another in the little cubbies of my pill box.  Playing the numbers game also means that I have to calculate and recalculate everything I do no matter what it is.  Because if I don't I am lost beyond belief and I don't know which way is up.

PART IV ~~ MARKING THE PRESENTATIONS

Yup, making the presentations...... just making the the presentations.  Living your life as if nothing is wrong.  How hard is that?  Well, its pretty hard.  People want you the way they want you.  They want you the way you used to be.  I have a bulletin for them.  Sorry but it ain't gonna happen.  Nuff said on this subject!

PART V ~~ GETTING ORGANIZED

Yeah right, like that might happen.  Just try to write things down.  And keep a calendar.  I lose things and they are just gone.  When making doctor appointments write them down and show it to the receptionist to confirm that I have written the right thing on the right date.  I dunno any other way to keep organized.  I use AOL's nifty "Remind Me" feature.  Otherwise I am always lost. Like the time they found me wandering around Pathmark.  Yeah, that was fun.

PART VI ~~ STORING STUFF

Nope can't do it.  Once I store stuff in my brain its gone forever.  Oh, sometimes it comes back but I never remember why I stored it in the first place........

So just be generous with your love and give bunches of hugs and youwill be fine........

That's it.   LIFE 2004 AT A GLANCE (OR BETTER KNOWN AS LIFE 2004 FOR LUPIES)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lu, What an excellent entry. It should be required reading for all of us lupies.
I especially was touched by : " WORK WITH YOUR LIFE.  Work with what you have.  Not with what you had, or what with what you wish you had.  Not with what you have lost." I have been having those days lately, where I am trying to live my life like I do not have lupus. I am going to have to copy that one down and post it EVERYWHERE in the house.
Thank you for sharing this!
(((((HUGS)))))Loretta
http://journals.aol.com/lrttklly/LupusLeftovers/ LUPUS JOURNAL
http://journals.aol.com/lrttklly/LorettasStudio  PAINTINGS, etc.
http://journals.aol.com/lrttklly/FindingaVoice/  ESSAYS