Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Still Feeling Like Crap

            

First off, I have to give Dawn a great big cyber hug.  http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

                        

Since I have know her, Dawn has always been a big inspiration in my life.  There are times when I wake up in the morning and actually think I wish I could have an attitude like Dawn does.  She always puts things into perspective.  I'm trying Dawn.

      

Now, I am still feeling like crap.  Can't seem to shake this URT infection.  It's getting worse I think.  I get very short of breath.  I should call my doctor, I know, but I just don't feel like it.  I have a follow up appt. on Thursday.  Maybe I will be better by then.  I'm still on antibiotics.  Which has given me the start of a yeast infection.  Yikes.

I am hurting.  Mostly my right leg.  From hip to toe.  The duragesic patch doesn't even touch that pain.  Or, maybe it might be that much worse without the patch.  Who knows?  I'm forced to take the breakthrough pain meds my rheumi prescribed.  I have an appointment with my pain management doc on Thursday.  Maybe he can suggest something.

                                       

Hubby will be taking a test on Saturday afternoon.  For those of you who remember, he started a new job a little over a year ago.  Working for the City.  He has to take a test to go from provisional to permanent.  I believe that he will ace this test.  He is not so confident.  Please say a prayer for him.  I don't know why hedoesn't feel confident.  The man is an electrical genius.

                          

I have a oven stuffer cooking.  I didn't stuff it.  Just seasoned it and threw it into a Reynolds Oven Bag.  We are going to have that for dinner with some yummy mashed potatoes and corn.  And, some broccoli au grattin (sp? can't for the life of me remember how to spell this) for me and Lauren.  It's a cold day and I love cooking in the oven.  It just reminds me of love and family.  I have been using my slow cooker a lot lately.  It's really great.  Mom picked up some slow cooker cookbooks for me.  I bought some too.  It's really easy because I can prepare everything and just set it and forget it.  Eight hours later we have an entire meal.  I got those crock pot liners so clean up is a snap.  Also, my mother in law gave me a counter top convection oven.  This works great because I can cook an entire roast beef in half the time it takes in the regular oven.  I've made dozens of meals with this too.  Cooking when you have a chronic debilitating illness is a challenge.  When I am feeling crappie these things come in handy.  I'd appreciate any recipes from you guys.  I'm always up to try new things.

               

Well, I'm going back to lay down on the couch.  I have to get up every so often because of my leg pain.  It's time to go rest again.

Hugs,

LuAnne

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't sound good, Luanne, I hope the pain people can sort things out for you on Thursday.

Anonymous said...

Oh Luanne you are so sweet.  I don't know how I can be inspiring at all... but thank you.  I am sorry that you are still fighting the UTI!!  Always something...  

I love kraftfoods.com  it has great easy recipes and you can sign up for free and save them in an onlince recipe box!  I never lose them that way!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better soon and your dinner sounds yummy.

Anonymous said...

feel better soon:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Lu dear could the leg pain be sciatica?  I know the sciatic nerve runs down the leg like that and if it's pinched in the lower back, it hurts like crazy.  Could the doc call you in a scrip for the diflucan for the yeast infection?  I think it only takes one pill to kill it.

I am so happy to see you writing more entries!  And to hear that you have some tools to help with cooking.  I love crockpotting meals.  I have gazed longingly at the countertop convection ovens.  I have a toaster oven I use quite a bit but it's not convection.  I think cooking faster is wonderful.

I am praying for Gary to pass his test with flying colors!  I am sure he is able to do it.

We have snow snow snow coming down here again this morning!  I am thinking a pot of chili is what I want to start in the crock.
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

I could not have Dawn's attitude, although I see it as very healthy, evenn healing attitde. Mine is always darker, even though my illness is not as bad as yours or hers. I will say that I can sympthasize with your pain-it becomes such a draining way of life. Hope your doc's can help some. Margo