Thursday, January 11, 2007

MY POOR HUBBY IS SICK

Now, you have to know my husband to understand this.  It takes a whole lot to get him to stay home from work.   Today is his second day home from work.  Hubby has a very bad Upper Respiratory Tract infection.  I mean bad.  He is coughing up a storm.  He says that it feels as if his head is going to explode when he coughs.  So, yesterday, off to the doctor we went.  Dr. C examined him and yup, he is sick.  I asked if he needed to stay home from work for a while and the doc said, YES, he needs to rest.  Right now he is sleeping soundly.  I heard him stirring in the bedroom about an hour ago and took that opportunity to get some of the prescription cough syrup in him.  When I go back to bed in a little while I'll bring him some water and his antibiotic.  I would like him to finish out the week at home, but no.  He plans on returning to work tomorrow.  Why, you ask?  Because if he is not there on a Friday, he won't get to work overtime on Saturday.  He is like that.  He will never turn down working overtime.  What a guy I have!! 

I'm coming down with what he has.  There was no way to avoid it.  Dr. C. gave me a prescription for a Z pack just to have in the house.  He suspects I will need it.  I don't know if you remember but last year at this time I ended up in the hospital with what they thought was pneumonia.  Turns out it was just a very bad case of bronchitis.  I have to watch out.  So, the doctor wanted to be prepared.

 I am enjoying having Gary home.  We both like each other's company.  Even if we are just sitting around watching television, we are happy.  We don't go out much and that is fine with both of us.  Every once in a while we will go out to dinner.  Gary said that if he feels better today maybe we will go to Applebee's for a late lunch, early dinner thing.  We received two gift cards for Christmas.  We'll use the Applebee's one today.  Next week we will use the Outback card.  We will be celebrating our anniversary next Tuesday.  We will be married for 23 years.  The best years of my life.  Both of us always say that we can't believe how fast the time has gone by.  Time flies when you are having fun. 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time does fly when you are having fun with the one you love!  I am so sorry that Gary is sick, and GLAD you have the zpak.  I know, you know I know, you will need it... lol  I remember last year when you were so sick and i do NOT want that to happen again!  Sending prayers!  Enjoy your lunch together!  Yum!  

Happy Anniversary early... enjoy

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

hope your DH gets better soon:) and don't you catch it:) at least you have the meds incase:) have a good lunch sounds like fun:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Oh my....I'll keep him in my prayers hun! And congrats on your 23rd year aniversary! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Lu dear, I am praying for Gary to feel better soon and not go back to work too soon for his own good.  Also that you will NOT get as sick.  I am glad your doc was thinking ahead and gave you the Zpack in case you need it.
And -- my sincere congrats on the 23 years together!
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

You make that man stay home until he really is well enough towork. And I hope that you are not coming down ith what he has, but am glad you have the  Z-pack. Twenty-three years. Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! Margo

Anonymous said...

Make him finish the antibiotics, even if he feels better. Have a good anniversary next Tuesday; take care of yourself if you do come down with the bronchitis-type thingy.

Anonymous said...

Will keep Gary in my prayers!!! I hope you don't catch what he has...will pray for you both!! Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Sorry you both aren't feeling too well.  Would be nice if you could keep hubby at home a few more days so he'd eel 100%, but he's a typical guy, they just can't allow theirselves to stay away from work or be down long.  You just take care of yourself dear...Arlene (AJ)

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying checking out your journal.  Your husband sounds a lot like mine.  He has worked every day since January 2, and would feel deprived if they took away his overtime (especially his Sunday overtime!).  I have a hard time convincing him to take time off if he's sick.  Thankfully he doesn't get sick too often.  I hope the two of you are on the mend, now.
Lori
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/DustyPages

Anonymous said...

Happy belated anniversary wishes for you guys!
Gary is a sweetheart and he is lucky to have you there for him in times like this.
I also know how scray it can be for some of us when our caregiver is so ill.
Missed our phone chat this past week. Know that I am saying some extra special prayers for the both of you today!
Love,
Loretta