Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Well, the great feeling has gone.  I am sick again.  I am unhappy about this.  Urrrggg!!!

No other words to write about this.

I want to thank Paul over at http://journals.aol.ca/plittle/AuroraWalkingVacation/ for doing an entry about how a "normal" person views others with chronic illnesses.  It was very refreshing to read his entry.  Not many people get it.  Paul seems to though.  Something he wrote was quite sensitive.  He wrote about how Dawn http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/ looked in her mirror and saw that she needed to put her hair in a pony tail but couldn't because her hands hurt. (Dawn has Lupus and RA).  It's not a simple task for those like Dawn and myself (and the countless others who blog about their illnesses.  I have written about the effort it would take most days for me just to get into a shower.  On worse days even the act of washing my face was the chore from hell.

I hope everyone reads Paul's entry.  And, just take the time  to reflect about the things that you don't think about when you are doing them.  I read a story somewhere, or saw a show I don't remember about someone trying to see what it was like to be blind.  They put a blindfold on their eyes and walked around for a little while.  It gave them a taste of what it was like.  Think about these things.

I also want to thank Paul for his suggestion to offer help.  I want to make one more suggestion.  Offer company.  Offer to sit and have a cup of coffee (bring the coffee because it might be a day where making a pot of coffee is too much).  Visit.  I sit alone most days.  Living in a changed life.  Losing friends.  I would cherish a visit from someone.  Anyone.  Someone to sit and talk with.  Someone to make me feel like a person. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. I think I would choose company over help around the house anyday. Peripheral neuropathy is another of these invisibe, but painful and crippling, diseases that is never really thought about by anyone who doesn't have it. Margo

Anonymous said...

PS I am sorry you are feeling badly again, Luanne. Margo

Anonymous said...

Lu dear, I am sorry the great feeling has gone and you are feeling sick again. ((((((((Hugs)))))))))
You are right that Brother Can You Spare a Spoon is a great entry.  I think it warmed many hearts to read that someone really 'got it' about living with chronic illnesses.
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

thank you for saying it would be great to have a visit:) sometimes i think we forget its nice to just have a visit. hope you feel better soon

Deb

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry your feeling sick again. I'll have to check out Paul's journal. Hugs to  you.

Anonymous said...

Oh Lu!  I wish I was even closer to you than I am!  I am going to get there...  soon!  As soon as the weather gets warmer!  You are right, I wish my friends would stop over to see me too.  Nah... they all seem to stay away now.... :(

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

I just read Paul's entry.  It was so well-written.  Oh, Lu, I am so sorry you are feeling so poorly.  I just came off a five week flare.  I was soooooooo sick.  It is hard, isn't it.  I lost ten pounds.  Ugh.  I wish I could come to your house and sit and have coffee with you, my dear.  So sorry you are so far away.  You are in my prayers to get better quickly this time, my dear... Love, Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason