Tuesday, January 9, 2007

53 Things about my hubby and one for good luck

I just finished reading Dawn's journal (http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/) where she lists 42 (plus one for good luck) things about her hubby.  I am going to follow her by listing 53 (plus one for good luck) things about my hubby.

1.  He will be turning 54 this April.

2.  He is four years older than me for one month.

3.  I love him dearly.

4.  There is no one in this entire world who comes close to being the man he is.

5.  We will be married for 23 years in one week.

6.  He puts up with a lot of crap from me. I'm not talking about my illness, just my craziness.

7.  Speaking of my illness, he takes great care of me.  He has picked up the slack and has done so gladly.

8.  He tells me that he married me IN SICKNESS AND IN HEALTH.

9.  His name is Gary.

10.  Gary is an electrician and works for the city.

11.  Gary has no idea how wonderful he really is.

12.  Gary is very involved with the Boy Scouts.  He has gone on almost every camping trip with our son.  He belongs to committees.  And, was Quartermaster.

13.  I love him so much.

14. I am his third wife.

15. He had a beloved White Shepherd named Baron when he was growing up.

16. He knows how to do EVERYTHING.

17. He is an amazing father.

18. He is an even more amazing husband.

19. He has had micro surgery twice.  Once to repair his hand that was almost torn off.  It was stuck when a bucket truck malfunctioned.  Also, the tip of his finger was crushed while he was working on the subway tracks.

20. No matter how much his hands hurt, he will give me a back massage.

21. He has a happy personality.

22. He has never smoked.

23. He doesn't drink alcohol.

24. He is a meat and potato man.

25. He cooks.

26. He used to ride motorcycles.

27. He still kisses me good night.

28. And, when he leaves for work and comes home.

29. He is one of the funniest men I know.

30. He can fix just about everything.

31. He is very handsome.

32. He is 6 feet tall.

33. He suffers from the gout.

34. Has bad knees.

35. He works very hard to take care of our family.

36. He has nice feet.

37. Everyone who meets him, loves him.

38. He has a great personality.

39. He never makes a phone call just to chat with someone.

40. Although, he calls me during the day just to see how I am.

41. When I am comfy on the couch, he makes sure if I need a drink I have one.

42. He always asks if I need anything.

43. He is my rock.

44. He is my lover.

45. He is my hero. My rock.  He has strong shoulders both physically and emotionally for me to lean on.

46. He hardly ever says no to me.

47. He loves our puppy.

48. Our puppy (Wilson) goes crazy when he comes home from work.

49. He enjoys Sinatra just as much as Big and Rich.

50. He sings along to songs.

51. He is cute.

52. No matter how much he hurts, he gets up every day and goes to work.

53. He leaves an hour early for work.  He has never been late to work.

54. He is very responsible.

I love him more than I could possibly say.  These 54 things are only a smigin of what he is about.

My mood is happy because of him.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that God blessed you with an awesome man..you deserve it so much...Hope all is well with you!!  Big hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

What a delightful entry!  I enjoyed it very much!
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are so happy and you have a good man. Margo

Anonymous said...

Wow... they do have a lot in common!!!  I am not surprised... you do have to email me to dish about the first two wives though, hon... you are both so young!  How did he squeeze them in??  

be well,
Dawn