Friday, January 26, 2007

Dawn's Meme

Good evening.  It's 1:24 AM.  I should be in bed, but for some reason I am awake.  I've been feeling sick for a few days.  I have (if I wrote about this before,forgive me.  It's just my Lupie Fog) an upper respiratory tract infection plus a urinary tract infection.  My doc put me on antibiotics and a cough med.  Hopefully the antibiotic will do the trick.  I always end up with pneumonia when I get a Respiratory tract infection and a UTI usually turns into a kidney infection.  These meds are going to screw up my coumadin levels.  In the four years since I have started taking anti coagulants I have never gone more than three weeks at a therapeutic level.  The meds I am on play havoc with my levels.  Some raise the level.  Others lower it.  For the past week or so I've been on increased prednisione.  That alone will screw up my levels.  Now add the antiobiotic and you have a recipe for disaster.  I suspect my level is high as I am developing purple blotches on my chest, legs and belly.  I also have petechiae on my feet and calves.  I have an appointment on Monday morning to have my INR levels checked.

This meme is from Dawn (http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/)

A     Apple or PC?

We have two PCs, one Apple and three laptops

B     Banking... online or in person, and if in person, drive thru or inside the bank?

Just like Dawn, I check my balances online (or via telephone), most banking is done via the drive through or sometimes at the bank (it's in Pathmark).

C     Coffee and Chocolate!  The two most important 'C's  Favorites please.

I'm a coffee addict.  Love Eight O'clock French Roast.  If I am near a Starbucks I'll stop in and get a white chocolate something.  And.... talking about chocolate.  Has anyone ever had Godiva White Chocolate?  I am dying to try Duncan Donuts White Hot Chocolate.

D     Dogs.  Do you have one?  If yes, what kind and it's name and why you named it that.  If no, then if you had one what kind would you choose?

We have Wilson.  He's a black lab mix (I think Dalmatian).  Willie is still a puppy at 10 months old.  Talk about rambunctious.  He is a "Dog Burglar".  He'll steal anything that he can chew up.  I lost count as to how many times I have chased him around the dining room table.  He is a cutie pie.

E     Elvis.  There was only one.  Favorite song, and if you ever or your parents ever, saw him live.

It's Now or Never.  Mom loves him.  I don't know if my parents ever saw him.  It's possible though because they spent a lot of time vacationing in LasVegas in the 70s.

F     Flowers.  Do you have a favorite to receive and/or a favorite to give?

My favoriteare Lilies.  I love to grow Sunflowers.  I always send mixed arrangements.

G     Grandparents, do you have any left and if you are one, to how many?

They are no longer with us.  My maternal grandparents owned the house we lived in.  It was a two family home and they lived upstairs.  I called them Grandma and Grandpa Upstairs.  My paternal grandparents lived a 25 minute car ride away.  Hence, they were Grandma and Grandpa FarAway.

H     Handy or call for help?

I can do stuff.

I     IOU's any out there to a person, a friend or family?

Nope.

J     Jello.  Love it?  Hate it?  Favorite flavor?  With whipped cream or cool whip or neither?

There is always room for Jello.  I love it.  Lime Jello  with Whipped Cream.  Or Cherry with Bananas inside.  None of that cool whip stuff for me. 

K     Kiss.  Do you remember your first real kiss?  Where, who?

Yes.  I had just turned 15.  It was with SM.  In front of my house.  I had never kissed (made out, LOL) and I faked it.  Little did I know, he had never kissed  either.

L     Language.  Do you speak any others?  Fluently or a little?

I used to speak proper Italian.  My paternal grandfather was from Genoa.  Now if you would ask me to speak it, I couldn't.

M     Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck?

Mickey

N     Neighbors.  Do you know their names?  Occupations?  Phone numbers?  Or not?

Yes.  To the right, I know their names, occupations and phone numbers.  To the left their names and occupations.  I know most of my across the street neighbors.  We are friends.

O     Olympics.  Do you watch?  Which is your favorite winter or summer?

I love the Winter Olympics.  Love to watch figure skating.

P     Pluto.  What is your take on the planet being downgraded? 

Sorry, but I could care less.

Q     Quiche.  Have you ever had it?  Do you like it and what is your favorite?

Love it.  Broccoli with mushrooms

R     Refrigerator.  Name three things in your refrigerator that you think are unusual.

Suppositories, Coumadin testing materials, can't think of anything else.

S     Safari.  Have you ever been to Africa on one?  A theme park version?

I've never been to either.

T     Telescope.  Have you ever looked thru a telescope? 

I can't recall

U     Umbrella.  Do you have one and what is its design?

I have an obsession with having enough umbrellas and gloves.  Three are tiny; black ones.  There is one giant rain umbrella that says LuLu's on it.  And, an assortment of others in various colors.

V     Vintage.  Do you have a favorite wine to share?  Or drink?

nope.

W     Willies.  What gives you the willies?  You know, that shudder you can't stop?

Watching medial operations on TV

X     X-ray.  Last one?  What body part and why?

ARE YOU KIDDING? 

I am always going for some kind of X-Ray.  Especially during those frequent Hospital Stays.  They always do a chest film.

Y     Yolk.  How do you like your eggs?

I like them over easy. I also love soft boiled eggs.

Z     Zodiac.  What's your sign and does it fit your personality, in your opinion?

I am a Taurus. But don't believe in it at all.  I never read my horoscope.

Now you try.  I am tagging you all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay!  You did my meme!  :-D  I am so happy!

Thank yoU!!!!!

I loved your answers!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Will be praying for you...seems to be  going around but with the amune system like ours it is just such a pain...My Respiratory infecion is on it's way to pneumonia to I fear...I sure hope not...been doing the breathing exercises and trying to cough it out...Carlie is getting over that but been dragging myself to the doctor for test on her ..they found blood in her urine and are treating her for a UTI since she has an ear infection...but the last culture came back negitive for a UTI...so sent out another culture to see why she has blood????  Will be praying for ya friend...Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle/entries/2007/02/02/im-tagging-ya/772

Hugs and prayers,

Susan