Sunday, October 16, 2005

Good Evening

Good evening my friends.  I hope everyone has enjoyed their day.

 

I am laying in my bed typing on my son’s laptop.  I think this is quite cool.  I can rest and write a journal entry at the same time.

 

Lately my days have been spent resting.  The change of seasons has brought on new pain.   Even though I love the crisp autumn air, it’s not optimal Lupie weather.  I am sure that you know what I am talking about.

 

Lupus has made me feel like an old lady.  My sleep patterns are that of an old woman.  Was it Loretta who wrote about proper sleep hygiene?  Mine sucks.  I can fall asleep but staying asleep is another story.

 

My doctor has prescribed a combination of Elavil and lunesta.  He said that this should help with my sleep plus alleviate some of my pain.  Unfortunately, there is not much to be done to help me with the pain.  Having lupus and fibro makes things more difficult. 

 

On a more positive note, we purchased two new cars yesterday. Well, they are not brand new but new to us.  We had set out with the idea of purchasing just one car but we found two that worked for us.  One car is an Oldsmobile 88.  It’s a 1998 but in perfect condition and with only 31,000 miles.  The second car is a Hyundai Accent.  It’s a 1997.  But like the Oldsmobile the mileage is low.  The deal was too good to pass up. Plus Gary knows so much about cars so he checked them out.  (His father owned a Gulf station.)  Now there will be transportation for me should I need it

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lu dear, veeeeeery nice to be seeing a journal entry from you!  I think the laptop idea is a terrific one for you!
Congrats on finding good transportation!
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

I want a laptop... How nice of son to let you use his laptop so you can work on your journal like a queen. :)
Congratulations on the new cars! I learned how to drive in Dad's oldsmobile, but it was probably a 78 or older...
Have a wonderful Monday!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Lu on the cars. What a bargain you guys got.
Our neighbor came over today and told us if we wanted to buy his Surburban we could have it for $1,000 and he said it needed something on the radiator and it was good to go. Hubby wants it only because you can't find the good old ones like that.
My opinion on that "boat" is it would cost too much to drive around.

Hyundai's are good little cars.
We have cars out here in California called Kia, they are very affordable, great on gas and have like a 10 yr. warranty or 100,000 miles. Hubby won't even go look at them, and they are not bad looking either.
Men! They have to have Ford, Chevy or Dodge.
~Kathy

Anonymous said...

How wonderful about the cars, and Gary to check them out. It seems almost too ironic that the beautiful fall weather should make you feel worse. I can only send a hug.{{{{{{{Luanne}}}}}}}

Anonymous said...

Yay, new cars!!  I am having the same problem with the change of the season, honey...sleep problems and pain problems.  I will pray for you!  I hold you in my heart! xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new cars!  I hope they are both with you for a long time.  using the laptop sounds like it is a good idea for you!  

Know that I am with you and you are in my prayers always.

Be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the sharing you do about Lupus.  There is a girl who comes in where I work who also has it and will need a kidney transplant.  But without you and the others who journal, I would not understand at all.  she has other problems and abuses her medications, but I keep thinking about you and realize that under all that "problem" stuff is a very sick woman who needs my compassion. Blessings, Penny