Saturday, August 13, 2005

TEN THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT ME

 

 

I got this idea from Dawn’s journal.  Carpe Diem - Seize the Day  She wrote in interesting entry about ten things we didn’t know about her. 

 

Here is mine:

 

1.    I have no middle name.  Neither does my sister.  My name was originally written as Luanne, but I changed it to LuAnne tobe different.  I did this about 30 years ago.  I hated my name, now I think it’s a good name.

 

2.    My first marriage lasted six months.  Basically it was a shotgun wedding although I was not pregnant at the time.  This turned out to be a good thing because I would not have met Gary, my hubby.  He is my first husband’s cousin.  My last name is still the same as it was during my first marriage.

 

3.    My Great Grandmother was an Orthodox Jew from Russia.  She married my Great Grandfather, who was Italian from Naples and her parents disowned her and sat shiva for her.

 

4.    I became pregnant with both of my children while on the pill.  This was amazing because my Mother believed I would never become pregnant.  She was told this by my doctor when I was a teenager.  I had numerous gyn problems.

 

5.    Plus I had precancer of my cervix and became pregnant with my daughter right before surgery.  I had a D and C and they removed a portion of my cervix.  She still made it through all of that.  She still has a strong will and spirit.

 

6.    When I was about four months old, my parents went to see a Dracula movie.  My father worked nights at his parent’s bakery.  My Mother said my first teeth looked like fangs and it scared her one night.  She put me in the carriage and walked to the bakery.  Gee, what was I going to do?  Bite her?  LOL

 

7.    I ran away at the age of 17 because my parents didn’t want me to date someone.  I thought this was a good idea until about midnight, when I went home.  I was at my friend Marc’s house.  His Mother made him drive me home.

 

8.    I had bulimia when I was a teenager.  I thought I had to be thin, thin, thin.  Which I was.  I have outgrown that, but still have a need to be thin.  Which is hard now.

 

9.    I wanted to be a journalist.  I think I could have been a good one.  I love to write and I was very aware of things going on around me.

 

10.   I also used to write children’s stories.  I should try that again.

 

There you have it.  Now you know me a little better.  But, there a just some things I will never reveal.  LOL

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting!  Very cool!  Your dd must have been some kind of fighter!  WOW.

Love the last name thing...  your poor grandma...how awful for her!

You should write again!  That would be awesome!!!!

Be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Wow those are great facts!! And now I know...
And yes you should go back to writing children's books!!
Always thinking about you...
Linda