Sunday, August 14, 2005

HEAT ADVISORY

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTOWN NY CONTINUES A HEAT ADVISORY. AFTER A DAY OF RECORD SETTING HIGH TEMPERATURE READINGS ACROSS THE TRI-STATE AREA...HIGH TEMPERATURES WILL SOAR INTO THE LOWER AND MIDDLE 90S ACROSS THE FIVE BOROUGHS ONCE AGAIN. COMBINED WITH SURFACE DEWPOINTS IN THE LOWER TO MIDDLE 70S...HEAT INDEX VALUES WILL ONCE AGAIN RANGE FROM 105 TO 110 DEGREES. TO BEAT THE HEAT...DRINK PLENTY OF WATER OR OTHER NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES...WEAR LIGHT COLORED LIGHTWEIGHT CLOTHES...AND IF POSSIBLE...SPEND MORE TIME IN AIR CONDITIONED OR WELL VENTILATED PLACES. NEW YORK CITY RESIDENTS SHOULD CALL 3-1-1 TO IDENTIFY COOLING CENTER LOCATIONS AND OBTAIN "BEAT THE HEAT" SAFETY TIPS. CHILDREN...THE ELDERLY AND PEOPLE WITH CHRONIC AILMENTS ARE USUALLY THE FIRST TO SUFFER FROM THE HEAT. HEAT EXHAUSTION...CRAMPS...OR IN EXTREME CASES HEAT STROKE CAN RESULT FROM PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO THESE CONDITIONS. FRIENDS...RELATIVES...OR NEIGHBORS SHOULD CHECK ON PEOPLE WHO MAY BE AT RISK. STAY TUNED TO NOAA ALL HAZARDS RADIO OR VISIT OUR WEB SITE AT WEATHER .GOV/OKX FOR FURTHER DETAILS OR UPDATES.

Another day of near 100 degree temperature.  It's only 6:30 am and its. already 80 degrees with 81% humidity.  It's only going to get worse.  And, it's supposed to rain.  ARRGG!!!

I'm getting very tired of staying indoors.  I've only ventured out a few times.  It's just horrid outside. When I did go out, the heat just did me in.  I became short of breath and dizzy. It appears that the weather outside has a difect effect on my health.  The heat exacerbates my health woes. In this heat I cannot even walk to the car without getting horrific chest pains and feeling as if I am going to pass out.  My windows are fogged over because of the difference in tempature inside and outside.  Our air conditioner has been going nonstop for what seems like weeks. 

 

I cannot wait for Autumn.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saturday was our twenty second day of triple digit temperature, breaking our record of twenty. Today it is only suppossed to be 98 degrees. We shall see. I love Spring and
Fall best. Summer is too hot and Winter is too grey and dreary.
Have a cool week~~~
Linda

Anonymous said...

I can relate about the heat. Luanne!  I am used to hot weather in the summer, because I live in a desert community in So California.  However, it has been over 100 AND humid, which has just been horrible.  We don't generally have all this humidity.  Our heat tends to be very arid.  Makes the heat more bearable.  We have been having monsoon like weather.  Strange, I tell ya.  Not to mention the fact that we have had 2 tornadoes touch down here, and cause some pretty major damage.  This is So Cali...NOT THE MIDWEST!  God is cornfused, I think.. lol

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Luanne,

I know...it is brutal out.  I am exhausted from just going out to breakfast and then to Staples for something for the computer!  YUK!!!!  My blood pressure was thru the roof when I got home so I just laid down for a while to cool down.

Be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/
Poetry:

Anonymous said...

We had a lightening shower in LA last night! No rain or even thunder...just a light show in the sky above Sherman Oaks. What bizzarre weather!
I was at an all-nite Starbucks trying to write a chapter in my book until I decided
that I'd better shut down the laptop and head home to safe haven before my butt
gets lightnin' struck!

http://journals.aol.com/julks/JoysQuantumandMetaphysics