Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Good Morning.  First I have to apologize to all my cyberspace friends.  I haven't been very diligent in responding to journal entries or posts on the Lupus Message Board.  I have been so very tired lately. 

I'm trying to keep my head above water.  Last night I had another seizure.  It was accompanied by a strange type of headache before hand.  Then after that I was sick to my stomach, still am.  Still have that strange headache.  It's like my head is filled with fog.  That is the best way to explain it.  I'm wondering if the air pressure has anything to do with it.  I think it's very possible.

On Saturday night I had a sleep study.  I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to sleep there.   But, it was quite the contrary.  I fell asleep even before the technician wired me up.  He had to wake me to do it.  Then I fell back asleep right away.  I thought that was weird since I haven't been able to sleep at all before that and after too.  I only woke twice to go to the bathroom.  He was in there right away to untangle the wires for me.

He didn't have to put the CPAP mask on me.  Although, he did tell me I had some episodes of not breathing through the night.  I'm wondering what that means.  I was told there are two types of Sleep Apnea.  The Obstructive type (which hubby has) and the Central type.  As evidenced in the name the Obstructive type means that there is some sort of obstruction with causes a person not to breathe during sleep.  The Central type is a bit more complicated.  It means there the brain forgets to send the signal to breathe.  The chest and abdominal muscles do not get the signal to make a person breathe.  This type comes from a brain injury or stroke.  It's found in the chronically ill and is a bit more difficult to treat.  I'm not sure which I have or if I have it at all.  I have to wait until my follow up with the pulmonolgist to find out.

Next week I have the hearing before the Administrative Law Judge for my Social Security claim.  Hopefully, that will go well.  I have yet to hear from my attorney.  I'm going to give him a call today.  Everyone tells me that it will be a snap.  Especially, considering I have been in the hospital 9 times this year.  We will see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((((Lu)))))
I am so happy that we had a chance to talk yesterday.
Please, please rest.
Thinking of you, friend.
With love,
Loretta

Anonymous said...

I think the SS thing will be fine.  I am worried about your apnea dear one.  And no need to apologize ever...you post when you can..okay?

I am praying for you ...stay inside and cool - today sucks!!!

Be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/
Poetry:
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/TouchofEmpathy/

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((Lu)))))))))))) You know I'm thinking about you. Please let me know the results of the sleep study.

Hugs,
Susan

Anonymous said...

LuAnn,
You wrote:"I'm trying to keep my head above water.  Last night I had another seizure.  It was accompanied by a strange type of headache before hand.  Then after that I was sick to my stomach, still am.  Still have that strange headache.  It's like my head is filled with fog.  That is the best way to explain it.  I'm wondering if the air pressure has anything to do with it.  I think it's very possible."

I have had Grand Mal seizures since I was 16. My seizures changed in my 30's to Petite Mal, Myo something and Focal something, a total of 5 diffrent I now have. Anyway, the WORSE seizures I ever had, was in my 30's was when it was an overcast day, it was high humidity (something we don't really have here in California).

Each of those seizures on those overcast days, were the worse. I'd stop  convulsing, they'd try to get me to talk or respond, I'd start to sit up, everyone thought my seizure was over and then I'd violent start thrashing around again!
Three times it was bad enough the ambulance took me in to the hospital, because I was out too long, ot took me too long to come out of one, etc.

I try to find some humor with all my health problems when I talk about it. But on one of those days, the ambulance guy who was cute, asked me "who's our President?".
I answered Richard Nixon... actually it was Bill Clinton!
He said to my late sister Debby, " awe, she's close enough."

Wishing you felt better, but I whole heartly have ALWAYS thought there is a connection with the seizures I have and air pressure. You are the first to ever write something that I have experienced myself and wondered about.
My Nuero thought I was a nut when I told him I think there is a connection.
Take care my friend,
Kathy