Thursday, November 24, 2005

What I am thankful for.

Don't I look horrid.  Gary calls me racoon eyes.  You can see the remnants of the last lupus sore on my face.  I'm all blown up from being on prednisione.  How lovely.

I am having a very rough time.  It's just so difficult lately.  The pain is getting worse.  Shoulders, elbows, hands, hips, knees and feet all ache horribly.  The muscle pains and spasms are killers.  Then throw in the fatigue. I'm not going to go into the other stuff now. I am fortunate that I can walk from the couch to the kitchen without feeling as if I am going to pass out.  I try to avoid the stairs as much as possible.  Which is a difficult task considering I live in a high ranch type house.  The front door and laundry room are downstairs.  YIKES

It was all I could do to get Thanksgiving dinner on the table. 

I am so happy that we didn't invite company over. 

 I had to choose between getting the dinner ready or showering.  (Don't worry I showered last night before I went to bed.)

I am most thankful for my husband, Gary.  If it were not for him nothing would get done around here.  My children are a God send.  They do most of the chores.  Lauren takes care of most of them.  Gary, Jr. does the hard stuff.

I am particularly thankful that Gary will be starting a new job.  A new job that will afford us the luxury of having someone come in once or twice a month to take care of the heavy cleaning.

But I am so very grateful that my illness is not life threatening now.  Thank you Lord.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((Lu dear)))))))))))))) honey I am so sorry the lupus is treating you so roughly.  I am praying for some relief for you.
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

Hi Luanne.  Prednisone is a good drug but the side effects can be wicked.  Even if Gary calls you Racoon eyes I still think you look great.  You outlook on life is a wonderful and you are a beautiful person.

I am thankful I can call you my friend.

Deb

Anonymous said...

Many hugs to you Luanne!!  I love you!!  You are beautiful, Lu!!  I am thankful that you have what you have, honey!  I am very thankful that you will be getting someone in to help with your housework, too!  How neat!  God bless, sweetie! xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts

Anonymous said...

((((((((Lu))))))))) I know all too well what you mean about choosing between the shower or another activity. Yesterday, I got in the shower, feeling ok - probably four spoons, got out of the shower and sat on the couch not moving. Jimmy covered me up and told me it was ok, to go back to sleep.

I'm so glad to hear that Gary is starting a new job soon ~ that is truly lovely.

Yes, it's me with a new screen name and back on AOL. Once I have a blog set up, I'll let you know.

Love ya! Miss ya~

Anonymous said...

Hi Luanne!

I just found your journal.  I have been the Prednisone route, three times now.  The side effects are awful, and they never completely go away.  But I have found something that is a GREAT HELP!  I have Ulcerative Colitis and my friend has Lupus and this is what helps us.  We are both completely off Prednisone now.  My friend said this is the first time in her life she has simply felt good!  In my about me section just click on AgelessXtra and Oasis Life Sciences.

Love to hear back from you so I can mail you some free samples of AgelessXtra!
Darlene

Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous to me my sweet friend... hang in there.

Be well,
Dawn