Friday, April 1, 2005

ICKY

It's Friday morning and I have been trying to hold my own all week but I have had to give in this morning.  Had to surrender again to Lupus this morning.  I've been trying to avoid the "BIG GUN" meds.  You know the ones I am talking about.  Those meds such as Tylenol with codene and percocete.  I haven't even attempted the morphine yet.  I am scared and have avoided them since my last rheumi appointment because my liver function tests were abnormal.  I was taken off Imuran and prednisione.  I will be going on Saturday for a repeat of the test.  So I tried to avoid any meds that aren't necessary really.  Any meds that metabolize through my liver.  But this morning I had to give  in.  I have been in so much pain and it's getting worse so I gave in.  Each joint and muscle is paralized by pain.  I haven't been scared before.  But this liver stuff has me pretty anxious. My liver was always enlarged and there was this cysty thing there.  And, considering all the meds I am still on.  I am apprehensive.

Plus my body has been twiching again. It's such a queer feeling.  I don't know if I should really be calling it twitching because you cannot see it from the outside.  But it feels as if it is twitching from the inside.  Like jerking.  My nerves are twisting.  Each nerve in my body is fitful.  It's driving me crazy.  I just want to throw my entire body against a wall.  Nothing seems to end it.  I cannot stand this one moment longer.

I was happy to read the current issue of Lupus Now.  It explained very well Lupus and CNS.  If you get this magazine please read this article.  If you don't please try to subscribe the proceeds go to Lupus research and the articles are very informative.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LuAnne,
I am so sorry that you are having to live with this pain.

I said a pryer for you.

You are a brave person and I appreciate your writing about Lupus.

I am understanding it better through your eyes.

Stay calm and continue to be brave just not so brave that you hurt when the meds might help.

Your in a ugly place with the liver causing problems.
Thinking of you this day!

Mary Louise

Anonymous said...

Lu dear I hate that you are having such a rough time.  I am sending hugs and prayers and
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

Sending hugs for you to feel better. Hope your test comes back ok. So hard though that the medicine to help you feel better causes other things to be worse. Happy April Fool's Day to you! Linda

Anonymous said...

Hey, Lu,
I am sorry that the pain is so bad.
Are you getting a lot of weather changes right now?
That always seems to make the joint pain worse.
Is it possible for you to ask your doctor about a pain patch instead of the oral dosage? I am not 100% sure about this, but somewhere I think I heard that using a patch can bypass some of the liver wear and tear.
Just a thought.
Hoping you are feeling more comfortable.
With Love,
Loretta

Anonymous said...

love and wordless again.
just love

Anonymous said...

Lu, I do understand the twitching as I have central nervous system damage and get twitching problems as well.  It can be so terrible at times.  It makes you want to put yourself to sleep or hit yourself over the head with a hammer, doesn't it.  I understand the wanting to bang yourself against the wall.  I saw someone mentioning a pain patch.  That just may be a good idea.  I tried it and I slept all the time on it, but it works great for some people.  Good luck at your next appointment and I will be praying for you!!  I love you!!! Hugs and prayers, Val xox