Friday, March 4, 2005

DOING LAUNDRY

I have to thank everyone who wrote me when I had thoughts of making my journal private.  I received so many emails I could not believe it.  I had no idea that my modest writing inspired so many people.  Your emails in turn inspired me.  Your emails brought me back to myself.  For that I am grateful.  For that I am writing again.  Writing for me........ writing for you.........

I'm happy today.  That's not to say that my body is not feeling the usual pain and suffering it always does.  But for some reason I am happy.  Oh let me tell you I am not complaining one bit. 

Today I managed to get the majority of the laundry done.  Yes, it took me all day long.  Yes, I had to lay down and rest in between loads.  I had to sit on the steps and rest because I broke out in a sweat and got short of breath and began to shake.  So I stopped and rested.  But I did it.  Instead of focusing on my limitations I concentrated on the little I accomplished today.  Maybe tomorrow I will clean the bathroom.

Spoke to my attorney about my Social Security appeal today.  She is preparing the paperwork for me to sign.  I was denied on my first application last month.  It took Social Security six months to decide to deny me.    Okay so now I am appealing.  My attorney is doing all the work this time.  I don't have the energy to do it.  But, more importantly I don't have the skills anymore to do it.  They know what to do.

The River (Garth Brooks)

You know a dream is like a river
Ever changin' as it flows
And a dreamer's just a vessel
That must follow where it goes
Trying to learn from what's behind you
And never knowing what's in store
Makes each day a constant battle
Just to stay between the shores

I will sail my vessel
Til the river runs dry
Like a bird upon the wind
These waters are my sky
I'll never reach my destination
If I never try

So I will sail my vessel
Til the river runs dry
Too many times we stand aside
And let the waters slip away
Til what we put off 'til tomorrow
Has now become today
So don't you sit upon the shoreline
And say you're satisfied
Choose to chance the rapids
And dare to dance the tide...yes

And there's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll tke soome falls
But wit the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all...yes
Yes, I will sail my vessel 

Til the river runs dry
Til the river runs dry


 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELLO!!!!!!!
Maybe tomorrow I will clean the bathroom too...
Have a GREAT weekend!!! Linda

Anonymous said...

LuAnne,

Glad that you had the energy to do laundry.

Part of our struggle is mental...As a person thinketh..BLAH  BLAH BLAH

No kidding...Keep writing and trying and I'll keep reading.

Mary Louise

Anonymous said...

Oh Luanne!  I am so glad to have you back journaling, and feeling happy for a change.  That is so wonderful!  I've missed reading your hearfelt words, and I am just so glad to see you back.  I guess you decided not to go private after all!  Maybe that is God telling you that your words do hold meaning to people who read them.  I know they do for me.

God Bless you Luanne.  Keep journaling, no matter whether it's a good day or a bad.  Your words always touch others.

I love the Garth Brooks song, "The River."  That song holds so much meaning to me, because there is truth in every word.

Welcome back, Luanne!  So glad you are having a "good" day! :)

Anonymous said...

Love reading what you write, Luanne. I know it is hard sometimes, writing when you hurt so much. But your writing inspires others, probably far more than you know. Much love, *Barb* http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK
                                    http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THERESTOFTHESTORY

Anonymous said...

no way u go private i would lose one  good journal i enjoy reading so much. i apologise that i dont reply much i love hearing ur entrys  u even make doing laundry fun.. lol thanks..
keep up the good work and know we love reading it
in respect and friendship
aaron.
http://journals.aol.com/whisperoangels2/JUSTMEMISERYANDCOMPANY/

oh  ps.. i found another good journal  here is the link...
http://journals.aol.com/justasiam4me/TaxiDriversTales

thanks

Anonymous said...

Oh, I SO love that song! Mu hubby got me into Garth Brooks..SO many of his songs are just beautiful!!

Im so glad to hear of your happy day! Doing all the laundry must feel like a big load off of your shoulders...(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((Lu))))))))))))))) It could have been a laundry party. I have tons to get done too! Glad to see you back writing, I'm back too.

Love ya,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Oh Lu I'm so happy you are back and happy. I have been away and just checked in here to see if you where around. I have missed you. Lupies need each other.
You are always in my prayers

Love......Eileen

Anonymous said...

on the knees to pray u get that social security. I think it odd those who need it don't get it and those who r to lazy do at least in chicago it seems.
had more than one try to use my apartment building as a address to get checks with out  living here i always say no.
I am praying and yes ur writings r wonderful stick with them i am enjoying thanks
vincent
totallyhttp://journals.aol.com/justasiam4me/TaxiDriversTales