Saturday, August 17, 2013

Good afternoon everyone.  I know that I haven't been around in quite a while.  Actually, it's been a little over a year since I have blogged.  My husband has been asking me when I would be doing it.  For some reason I haven't felt like it.  But, now I am back.  I hope you are happy about that.

So much has happened during this past year.  As I mentioned in my last post, my daughter Lauren was married on May 19, 2012.  This past June 2 she and her husband presented us with our very first grandchild.  A boy, Lucas Anthony, was a little late arriving.  Almost two weeks late.  She was induced and he finally showed up weighing in at 7 pounds 8 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long.  There was some complications during his birth and he had to spend a few days in the NICU.  But, Lucas was allowed to go home with his Mom and is in perfect health.  He now weighs almost 12 pounds and is 22 inches long.  Here he is shortly after his birth.


And, here he is now....



I had the privilege of being there for his birth.  It was the most precious thing that I have ever experienced.  Being a Grandma is amazing.  There was no way I would have stayed away.  I flew up to New York at the end of May and stayed until the very beginning of July.  It was hard leaving, but I had to because something else wonderful was about to take place.

On August 10 of this year my son, Gary, married his sweetheart, Janel.  Our family has grown and we are so very blessed to have Janel as our daughter in-law.  The day was wonderful.  Their ceremony was something more than awesome. To watch my son marry his love was a sight to behold.  I sat in the church and watched as they exchanged vows.  What I remember most is how much in love they are.  Janel seemed to be swooning.  Gary was marrying the love of his life.  It was so beautiful.  Here they are.....




Needless to say, life has been very busy for the last three months.  I have been running on adrenaline.  For the last two weeks I have had house guests.  My husband's sister, Linda, and our best friend, Pasquale, were here.  As well as my daughters, Lauren and Christina, Lauren's husband, Greg, and Baby Lucas were here.  My husband, Gary, and I couldn't have been happier.  Everyone has gone home.  The newlyweds are on their honeymoon.  So, it's Hubby and me.  It seems odd.  We haven't been alone, just the two of us, for many years.  I like it.

All the activity (and please know that I loved every moment of it) has taken it's toll on me.  Lupus has shown it's ugly face and I am not happy about that.  But, I do get to rest for the next couple of days.  I am able to take it slow for a few months.  Then it will be the holidays and I am very excited.

I promise you will hear more from me now.  I have so much to share.

No comments: