Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Good Evening Friends!

I have been fighting the battle of Low INR. For those of you who do not know that is the number explaining how thick or thin my blood is. Too low and my blood is thick. Too high and my blood is too thin. It's been low. I've had about two or three TIAs this week. Finally this morning I ended up calling my doctor who told me to get right over to the hospital and get evaluated. I did that. They did the usual stuff. Took blood. Gave me a head CAT Scan. And, adequately treated the horrific head pain that always accompanies these episodes. I was referred to a Neurologist. I haven't been to one since we moved down here. I will call tomorrow and make an appointment.

Otherwise.........

I am HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY! Life is good. Hubby and I celebrated our Silver (25th) anniversary on the 16th. We went out for lobster (a gift from my son). My daughter gave me a gift certificate and gave her Dad a brick of bullets. He is into guns and has a carry permit. Then they surprised us with a party. We were really surprised. We got back from dinner and walked in the house and heard 'SURPRISE'. My brother and sister in-law gave us the best gift. It was a light weight vacuum so I don't have to sweep. It picks everything up. I suggest you get one. Mom gave us a few beautiful gifts and cash. It was wonderful.

That is not all that is making me happy. I am just feeling very content with my life. And, this is a good thing.

2 comments:

ADB said...

Luanne,
Are you able to test your own INR? Sometimes they'll let people do that, and even adjust the anti-coagulant dose themselves. Sounds like you could really do with that.

Linda :) said...

Happy Anniversary to you and hubby!