Saturday, March 10, 2007

South Carolina

Things here are moving so quickly.

Just this week hubby and I purchased a half acre in South Carolina.  Most of you know that my Mom and my Brother (his wife and four beautiful young daughters) live there.

It was always our intention to eventually move down there to be closer to my family.  The plan was to make the move in five years when hubby retires.  But things have happened to make those plans come to fruition a lot sooner.

Most likely we will be down there within a year.  Hubby and my brother will be building our home themselves.  It's going to be a very exciting year for us.  This will be our first home.  I can't wait to start picking out stuff.

The city ordiance in Easley state that the home must be at least 1,800 square feet.  That is really quite a large amount of space.  There will be four bedrooms. Of course, the master bedroom will be a master suite.  With our own bathroom and large walk in closet.  I also want a great big kitchen.  It isn't going to be a million dollar kitchen, but it has to be big.  I'll be getting all new appliances and some new furniture too.

After the house is finished they will start working on building a two and one half car garage.  Yup, that sounds silly one half car.  But that space will be a workshop for hubby.  Above the garage will be an apartment.  It will be for which ever of my children decide to get married first.  Most likely it my son will move in there.

I will write more are things progress.

Everything else is the same here.  I am in a pretty significant flare.  I'm still not sleeping.  And, am still having horrible dizzy spells.  Big bad headaches too.

Even with all these health issues I am still very happy.  Very excited is a better way to put it.

Love you all,

LuAnne

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the house plans, Lu-Anne

Anonymous said...

good luck:) and have a good weekend

Deb

Anonymous said...

How very, very exciting. Are you picking plans for the house, yet? I am so glad for you. Enjoy your weekend, and I look forward to more info about the house. Margo

Anonymous said...

Congrats Luanne!!!

How exciting to have a new home.
Good luck with the home & moving.
Kathy

http://www.LupusMCTD.com

Anonymous said...

Wow that is exciting news dear!  About the new home I mean and the move closer to family!  ((((((((Lu))))))))) But I am sure sorry the flare is ongoing and am praying for you.
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you!!!  I know how much you want this!!!  Excellent!!!  It is so nice to be near family.... I hope that your flare ends soon...  I am sending you prayers...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Luanne welcome to my next of the woods, hope you'll enjoy being here in SC and how wonderful that you have family already here. You won't be too far from our home in SC, know you'll love it and hope the warm weather will be to your liking dear.....have a good weekend.....Arlene (AJ)

Anonymous said...

WOW, LU, WOW!!!
I am absolutely ecstatic for you guys.
I know this has been your heart's desire.
I am praying for you that this flare diminishes quickly.
With loads of love,
Loretta

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I am so happy for you!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very exciting time for you!
Lori
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/DustyPages

Anonymous said...

Wow, all of this sounds so exciting!

Krissy :)