Sunday, November 19, 2006

Hospital Stay

I just got out of the hospital this morning.  Went in through the ER on Wednesday evening. I asked him to drive me there.  I was having a series of seizures.  They were unlike any that I have ever had.

It was really a productive hospital stay. They took me right into the back. The security guard wheeled me right in.

My body was contorting.  Making strange movements.  Nothing they pumped into me stopped this strange movements thing from happening.  Until finally they shot me full of ativan.  After four days of observation and testing, it was determined that because of the extreme pain my body was experiencing my body couldn't take anymore and attempted to compensate by seizing.  I was aware of everything through all of this.  Apparently that is possible.  I thought differently, but was told that this was, indeed,  possible.

I was finally sedated enough to stay still long enough to get a CAT scan and other tests necessary to find out  what was going on.  My seizure med was increased again and they increased the pain patch.

I ended up tripping or something.  My right leg gave out while I was getting into bed.  I tried to avoid falling and ended up doing something to my leg.  Thank God I didn't break a hip.  They wisked me right to Xray.

I am home now and attempting to get used to this new higher dose of pain patch.   It makes me tired.  But, it does it's job.  Except for helping my right leg pain. I'll take this.  It's better than the pain I was experiencing before I went into the hospital

Hugs, LuAnne

 

 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

LuAnne, I am sorry that you've been in  the hospital, that your pain got so bad. I am glad that you are home now, and hope you manage to get used to the new patch and other meds. Please take care of yourself. Margo

Anonymous said...

I hope the new pain patch and seizure meds help...I hope your rest up as well...I am sure you are exhausted with all the pain that you were in...Praying for you to get some strength and feel revitalized!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Lu
OMG!!!!!!!!Girl you go threw more than a body can take. I guess since the pain doc did not listen enough your body got there attention. I"m praying this new patch works wonders for you. (((((((((((hugs))))))))))eileen

Anonymous said...

Luanne,

I am so worried for you!  I am glad that they increased your meds and I do hope that you are much better soon!  I am sending you healing prayers, dear buddy.  You have been through so much.... too much.

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

(((((LU)))))
Thank goodness that they found something for the pain.
Please just rest, rest, rest.
Much Love,
Loretta

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. I hope this does help you. You have been through so much. I'll be praying and hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Luanne}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Deb

Anonymous said...

((((((((((LUANNE))))))))))))))
Oh honey, I am so glad they got you to stop seizing and on stronger pain meds.
Please rest and hang in there.
Love & warm wishes,
Kathy

http://www.LupusMCTD.com

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm pleased you got relief of that extreme pain. Hope the legpain subsides soon.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip

Anonymous said...

Wishing you warm thoughts and prayers...please feel better soon...hugs,
Joyce
http://journals.aol.com/springangel235/TreasureChestFullofLife/

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon after that nasty experience.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Guido asked me to call. Wanted to let you know I have you in my prayers.
Hugs,
Sugar
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/SUGARSLIFE/
my other journals are listed on my side bar :)

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear you have had another bad episode with pain.  I have come to think this lupus is a most miserable thing to have.  I do hope you will let us know what we can say to help you, in our visits, since, of course, most of us are very far away.  Pharmolo always sends people on cheer up visits. I do hope that helps some.  And the new pain medicine.  Good luck.       Gerry

Anonymous said...

LuAnne, was wondering how you were, sorry to hear you've been in the hospital, but sounded like it was what you needed for your pain, seizures.  Hope th incease in meds keeps helping you dear.  Sorry you hurt your leg, just glad you didn't break your hip.  Take care.....Arlene

Anonymous said...

Lu dear, I am flabbergasted that it takes a major episode of trouble like this to induce the medical community to give you adequate pain relief -- but I am so glad the increased dosage of meds is working for you!
loving you
karyl