Tuesday, July 11, 2006

TODAY

I am feeling very crappie today.  My legs are really hurting.  I think it's because I really didn't sleep much.  I ended up falling a sleep on and off on the couch sitting up.

But, anyway I have some stuff that needs to be taken care of today.  Lauren and her boyfriend painted her room over the weekend.  She needs a new area rug, a new bed, a computer desk and some sort of small entertainment center for her television, stereo and all that nifty stuff.  She painted the walls and ceiling white.  Not a stark white.  It's called frost.  I hate white walls, any kind of white.  The majority of my house is painted a color called Navajo white.  It's a cream color.  She painted the trim in her room purple.  Yup, I said purple.  That's what she wanted, so that's what she got.  It needs another coat.  You know what happens when you paint a dark color over white.

I am sitting here waiting for the girls that clean my house to get here.  They should be here a little after nine.  Yes, I hired cleaning people.  It is the best thing I have ever done.  They take care of cleaning all the hard jobs.  The kitchen, bathroom. The floors and walls.  All the dusting and polishing.  They even do the inside of my microwave and change the sheets on my bed. Plus they do an excellent job.  Hiring them lets me use my energy for other things.  Fun things.

I still cannot do the food shopping thing.  Yesterday Lauren and I ran to the little supermarket to pick up stuff for dinner.  We were only in there for about 20 minutes.  I had such a difficult time walking back to the car.  Thank God she brought the packages in.  Tonight I am making chicken in my counter top convection oven.  I love cooking in that and my slow cooker.  Makes my life a lot easier.  And, I can set it on the table and sit in a chair while I prepare meals.

I'm thinking that my legs and feet are swollen.  I really can't tell if they are or not. I did the thing where you push down on a spot and see what happens.  Nothing happens.  But they feel so tight.  My feet look enormous.  I have big feetbut they are not wide.  To me, right now, they look so fat.  Oh well, I will see what happens.

Please have a blessed day my friends.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lu,

Try keeping those feet UP!!!  Glad you got help with the house... it is a must with our stupid poopy diseases.  I am also glad that you are having a good day... I can tell that your head is in a good place... which is so important for us!!!

Enjoy your day...know that I am with you...

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Lu,
I am so glad you hired helpers. I did the same thing and it is well worth the investment.

I am concerned about the swelling.
Are you drinking enough water?

Much Love,
Loretta

Anonymous said...

Hi!, Dawn sent me. I've been reading through your Journal and believe that I have many of the same symptoms that you have. Walking is my worst problem and a lot of edema. Our house here in Las Vegas is Navajo white inside. I added a little color to one can and used it for trim. It turned out to be a good contrast. I hope you are feeling better tomorrow. Today is a good day for me. My Regards, Bill. http://journals.aol.com/wfhbear/Commentsontheeventsofmylife/.

Anonymous said...

you have a blessed day to. I'm so sorry your feeling crappie today. I sure hope your legs start feeling better. I don't like White walls either, I like an off color at least. Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

Lu dear, reading about you getting help in the house gives me an odd feeling -- sort of like deja vu -- since I helped people with their housecleaning for over seventeen years lol.  I loved helping so many nice folks. That, of course, has necessarily ended for me.  I am glad you have some good help!
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

Please dear, have the edema checked out.  Don't wait to see what happens.  I worry about you....edema was my indication of having heart problems. Let your Doctor check that out....I care....AJ

Anonymous said...

Please go to the doctor honey and ask them about your legs/feet.  They will know if they are swollen.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Lu,
If your feet and ankles are swollen bad, when you press into the skin with your thumb and remove it, your thumbprint is still there, a little indention. It can be from your heart, kidneys, or just interstitial fluid build up.  Not always a major thing.  Mine ae doing the same thing, always do in the Summer.  The doc put me on Lasix, a fluid pill, yesterday.  FYI, my room got painted also, purple, trimmed in a medium turquoisey/teal, it's lovely.  My comforter has the same colors in it and my drapes are lots of sheers in lavender, purple, and the green and 2 big fluffy purple rugs. I am Bohemian at heart.  Take care,
Glenna

Anonymous said...

blessings to you ,too
Marti

Anonymous said...

do try to keep your legs elevated as much as possible and let your doctor know if they continue to feel puffy and tight. I think it is wise to get help to clean your house for the exact reason you listed. That way you might have some energy to do some other things that are much more fun than house cleaning. Good idea. Enjoy today as you can

betty

Anonymous said...

Check in and let us know how you are doing dear, has been awhile since we've seen you on-line.  Hope you are feeling better....Arlene

Anonymous said...

Thought I would pop in and check on you...You know I was thinking about getting a cleaning person to help me....I am in so much pain for the last three weeks...just seems to stick around longer each time...Am wondering if it is gonna go away any time soon...or if this is gonna be something that does not pass...you are in my prayers friend...TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Hi Luanne
what a lovely name, please feel free to snag any tags, thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment on my blog, hope you have a better day tomorrow, Kerry
http://journals.aol.co.uk/paul177600/lifeasithappens2