Sunday, March 5, 2006

Following Dawn's lead Carpe Diem - Seize the Day I am going to write about what having a chronic, invisible illness has given me.

Living with a chronic illness is quite lonely even when you have a loving family.  I have found new, wonderful friends since I became ill.  Two in particular..... Donna and Hilja ......... We were message board buddies at first but then we became true friends.  Visiting and talking on the phone.  We socialize with each other and our spouses.  It's totally wonderful because I can be myself and I don't have to let the limitations of my illness hinder me.  I love them.

As I love all the other friends I have made online via the Lupus Message Board or through this journal.  I receive from these friends something that I hold so very precious.  Thank you.

And, this not being in any particular order, there is my amazing husband, Gary.  I was blessed the day I married him.  The blessings just keep coming.  He is my friend, my lover, my care giver and my soul mate.  Gary has proven time and time again how special I am to him.  I don't think their is a luckier woman alive.

My children, Gary, Jr. and Lauren, are my pride and joy.  They are everything I could have prayed my children would be.  They are kind, considerate and loving.  Not just to me but to everyone.  I always hear from others how wonderful they are.

So, even though I have been given this burden called Lupus, I am luckier than most.

Thank you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have an amazing wonderful family and friends but I think that's because you are an amazing wonderful person yourself.  

 
http://journals.aol.com/am4039/life/

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you have the support of your husband and friend.  I know that it has to make things easier.  You are in my prayers. i hope that you had a good weekend.  Takecare friend.  TErryAnn.  

Anonymous said...

You are a blessed wonderful loving woman, mother, wife and friend.  I am so glad that you and I found each other at the board and share our lives here in j-land and in email.  

There is a loneliness even when you are not alone that only your other friends who struggle with the disease can fill.  You hit the nail on the head with that.

Thank you...

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Hi Luanne i admire you for writing this entry:) it gives people a window on your life with lupus THANK YOU :)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Just coming by to say hello though Dawn!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi, Dawn sent me over to check this entry out. I would imagine it would be very lonely to live with chronic illness. Unless someone has experienced it themselves, although they love you, it would be hard to know exactly the difficulties you face from day to day. Glad you found support on the boards and some real life friends too.

betty

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your lead on the gratitude.  I had to make a list of my own.  You are very appreciated.  

Anonymous said...

Luanne-
That was a sweet entry!
Patty

Anonymous said...

Thought that I would check in on you.  Hope you are doing well.  GBU, TerryAnn.