Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I'm Back

First off I would like to apologize for not being very diligent in reading journals lately. 

I've been sick.  I had (have) a bad chest infection.  It took changing antibiotics two times, two puffer thingies, Clarinex, some new type of cough med that is shaped like tiny Vitamin E pills.  They call it pearls.  Also, I've been taking Lasix for the fluid in my lung.  And, more Tylenol and Advil than I can count.

You do know what taking all that medication has done to my INR levels.  I've always been screwy when it came to keeping my INR therapeutic.  Within the last three or so weeks since I have been sick my levels have been too high or too low.  Currently they are too low (1.7) to be exact.  So between that and hacking constantly (with blood in it), I went to the ER this morning.  The chest X-Ray was pretty good.  It appears that things are calming down in my lungs.  But, this coughing.... Oh this coughing is driving me crazy.  I think that I have popped a rib or two.  Have this pain on the outside of my chest on each side.  But we all know that when you have a chronic illness such as Lupus we don't heal as quickly as others.  My daughter had what I have and she was better in three days.  I am going on my third (or is it forth) week.

Being sick has knocked me down more so than other times.  I cannot walk up the stairs without feeling very winded.  It's as if I am suffocating.

On a more positive note........ John and Krissy ( Sometimes I Think) are home now.  Prayers were answered.  John is doing wonderfully,  I am so happy.  Check out Krissy's journal and leave a positive comment. 

We are planning a trip to see my Mom, Brother and his family down in South Carolina.  We are going in May.  I'm so excited.

As you can see from the time of this entry I am not sleeping.  It's been a bad couple of months as are as my sleeping is concerned.    Loretta (Life with Lupus) writes about this in her journal.  She calls it having sloppy sleeing habits.  Time to go back on Ambien or Lunesta again.  I have to if I want to be able to function at all during the day.

Hugs, Lu

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

will be praying for you, lu!  i've been sick, myself.  lupus sucks!  my brilliant cardiologist found a better way to treat us "dirty little sleepers."  it's called "rozerem."  it's new on the market.  non-narcotic, not habit forming.  it helps the body develop it's own sleep cycle again by regulating the balance of serotonin.    doesn't seem to have any side effects (that i can tell anyway) either.  good luck and feel better!  ((( gentle hugs )))  tracey/one*hip*mama

Anonymous said...

Oh, LuAnne, sorry to hear that you have been feeling so poorly.  I will be praying for you.  Thanks for welcoming John and me home.  He is gaining more and more strength every day!!!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

so happy your back and feeling better. Was wondering where you were. Happy to have you back.

Anonymous said...

Lu dear, I'm sorry you've been so sick but so glad to see you posting again!  I am praying the cough will clear up and you will be able to sleep.
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that you are still struggling with the cough, but glad you are on the upward mend!  Sleep is a tough thing isn't it?  As exhausted as we are it still seems to elude us.

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

OH sweetie I hope you feel better and SOON.  I've been so behind I have to catch up with you.  

Yes, it is good news about John.

Sending you hugs, my friend,

Deb

Anonymous said...

Glad that you were able to post....Hugs to you...Am praying for you....I get thing easily and they last longer as well....I know RA doesn't compare with Lupus....But...I do understand where you are coming from....Hope you have a good weekend and that dang bug goes away for you...TerryAnn.

Anonymous said...

(((((Lu)))))
I have mentioned this to you before... but, when I look at how positive your outlook is these days, compared to one year ago... I am so proud of how hard you have worked to cope with lupus.
Hoping that you are breathing easier today, friend.
With much love,
Loretta
"The Dirty Sleeper"