Sunday, June 26, 2005

Is God concerned about our pain?

This week's promise: God will wipe away sorrow forever! 

Is God concerned about our pain?

He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 25:8


And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away 
Revelation 21:4


I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.

He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. Psalm 40:1-3

 

About This Week's Promise


One of the great common denominators of human experience is sorrow. Guaranteed. From the loss of a pet in childhood, to the loss of a childhood through abuse or neglect; from a child losing a parent to a parent losing a child, sorrow is inevitable. From the predictable and necessary to the random and tragic—the losses of life drape the hallways of our years.

The Bible acknowledges that sorrow and grief are part and parcel of human life, even for those who love God. But Scripture does not leave sorrow as the last word. God redeems our losses with his own promise of comfort and hope. (from...
God's Daily Promises )

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lu dear, a very timely entry!  Thank you -- I am having a tough weekend dear!
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

Very, very good!  I don't think we talk about sorrow and grief enough.  Through grief can come great joy.  I like this entry, honey.  Love to you! xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts

Anonymous said...

((((((LuAnne))))))))

Thanks so much for posting this, I really needed to be reminded of this message, as we all do sometimes.  What a wonderful post!

love ya!
MIssy

Anonymous said...

Thanks Luanne...very thought provoking.  I needed that this week!

Dawn

Anonymous said...

hoorah!!!!


Lovely entry.

Anonymous said...

And the people said amen.  Big Hugs, Nicki

Anonymous said...

Great entry! so true! praise His Holy Name! God bless, Beckie