Friday, June 17, 2005

Been trying to keep my head above water these days. I'm really feeling quite horrible.  But I have to make it until tomorrow evening.  Then I can collapse.  Tomorrow is my daughter Lauren's High School Prom.  And, you all  know what that entails.  Today was nails, waxing, etc.  Tomorrow is  her hair appointment at 1:00.  The limo will be here to pick her up at 5:00.  Her date and his family will be here at around 4:30 so I must entertain them.  I will be serving coffee and bakery cookies.  I will post pictures as soon as hubby loads them on the computer.

I am so excited for her but I do wish I could just get in bed and sleep.  My coumadin levels are, once again, way too high.  I was at the center this morning and had them checked.  8.8 is just way too high.  I can't understand why my levels have fluctuated so since I first went on coumadin over two years ago. Hilja sent me this great link about two weeks ago.   Ivanhoe's Medical Breakthroughs - Taking Warfarin? Know Your Genes Thank you Hilja!! I am going to print this article out again (I did and forgot about it) and bring it back to the center when I go get my levels checked on Monday morning.  I am really starting to get annoyed at this entire coumadin thing.  I was just switched to Jentovan which is a more stable generic form of coumadin.  It's more stable than Warfarin I was told.  But, low and behold my levels "freaked out" still.  When this happens I get the most horrible headache and am so very fatigued.  I just had blood work on Monday and everything looked good.  It's just a pain because when my levels are too high I have to worry about cutting myself.  I even have to be careful when I shave my legs.  Needless to say for the next few days my legs will have to remain hairy.  Even a bump on the head could be life threatening.

Aside from my trival stuff I am asking for you to pray for.....

 Krissy and John......Sometimes I Think.  John received devastating news and they both need moral support and lots and lots of hugs.  Please visit Krissy's journal and send some hugs and prayers.

I'm also praying for Missy.  My dear friend needs lots of prayers.  Please acknowledge her in your prayers tonight. Journey Into A New Life

Prayers for Karyl's brother in-law virgil.  He just had double amputation surgery and is in so much pain.  Karyl's Glimpses of Eternity--  Lupus and Life

Loving Loretta.  She is having a difficult lupus time lately.  It's so very difficult for her.  She has a young child.  Please send her some prayers as well.  LORETTA'S LIFE WITH LUPUS JOURNAL

Praying for all my Lupie friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luanne!!!  You and your dd look so much alike!  I loved the pics and I love reading your journal too! I have just been too busy lately to comment much!  Thank you for the comment on mine!

I have been way to busy for the boards but I am going to try to keep up with my fave journals starting today!!!

{{[ hugs}}}

Dawn

Anonymous said...

Luanne, Hi! I have Sjogren's Syndrome, Sub-acute Cutaneous Lupus, Renal Artery Stenosis, HTN, GERD, Peripheral Polyneuropathy, Asthma, Dry eye Syndrome......so on and so forth.  I feel your pain!!!!!!!  I understand so many of the things you talk about.  When you have a chronic illness like Lupus , getting out of bed can be quiet an acheivement!  

When you tell people that you are tired, they just don't get it.  You are beyond tired.  It's like never-ending rentless exhaustion.  

I just get through the day.  Go to work and come home and become a chair potato.  May God send his angels to watch over you and bring you peace and rest.  JLM